$30.00
Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Old School Tactical» Forums » Rules

Subject: Leaders rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
thierry seguy
France
Mornas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
1-Leaders must be in good order to aid to rally shaken or broken units but is it the same for a group fire or group movement? Must the attached leader be in good order to permit group fire or group movement?

2-When a unit and its attached leader are shaken or broken do we need 2 impulses to rally them or just 1 impulse to rally the 2 units (squad and leader attached)?

Thanks a lot for the answers.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ney 84 wrote:
1-Leaders must be in good order to aid to rally shaken or broken units but is it the same for a group fire or group movement? Must the attached leader be in good order to permit group fire or group movement?
Yes. Leaders must be in Good Order to use any of their "Leader functions."

Ney 84 wrote:
2-When a unit and its attached leader are shaken or broken do we need 2 impulses to rally them or just 1 impulse to rally the 2 units (squad and leader attached)?
I do not know for sure but I have been playing '1' as the Leader is considered to be part of the unit for all other purposes (except Snipers, Melee, etc.).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noel Kinnear
United States
Schenecady
New York
flag msg tools
I have been treating them as separate events, so both rally attempts require an impulse. When a squad is broken or shaken, the leader is not automatically broken or shaken, but must make its own gut check, so this seems to imply that they are treated separately.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nkinnear wrote:
I have been treating them as separate events, so both rally attempts require an impulse. When a squad is broken or shaken, the leader is not automatically broken or shaken, but must make its own gut check, so this seems to imply that they are treated separately.
That could be true. I do not have a definitive answer, but would like that.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shayne Logan
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, the Leaders and squad are treated separately when rallying ( 2 separate Impulses).

And Leaders do have to be good order for any of their bonuses, including the group actions.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
thierry seguy
France
Mornas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thank you for all the answers and congratulation Shayne for this fantastic game system and your support.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Walker
United States
Henry
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
'65 Squad Level Combat in Vietnam. On Kickstarter!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Jamm22 wrote:
Yes, the Leaders and squad are treated separately when rallying ( 2 separate Impulses).

And Leaders do have to be good order for any of their bonuses, including the group actions.


BTW, Shayne just sent me the play test counters for Volume II. Greg Porter and I are testing this week. Sometimes this doesn't even seem like a job. Can't wait.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.