$30.00
Tommy McArdle
United States
Summit
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hello All. Have several questions. Does Naval gunfire produce light and heavy barrage markers.? Can't seem to find this in the rules. Is the Naval chit always the first chit in play on the 0700 turn of 6 June for all scenarios and Campaigns.? Am playing the scenario DAY OF DAYS and it is now the 0700 turn, I think the Naval chit should be the first chit in play this turn. Also am I able to purchase the KG RAUCH formation chit this turn ? Only the 8th Company came on with this unit during the night of 5 June. Special rules say to treat this unit as a white striped unit for the duration of the game but was wondering if I can place the Formation chit in the mug if I can purchase it. Also if Oberst Krug is able to be activated can I purchase his Formation chit the next time. Thanking all who reply in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Curtis
United States
Christiana
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Let's take these one at a time:

Does Naval gunfire produce light and heavy barrage markers? Yes, just like other Orange firepower.

Yes, the Naval Chit is the first chit in play on all 06 JUN 44 0700 turns. Remember, it is also returned to the cup for use later in that turn, again.

KG Rauch and his activation marker do not become active until later in the day on 6 JUN as specific reinforcements. Normally, when a unit comes on the map for the first time their leader goes with them, unless they are specifically set to enter later.

No activation markers are purchased on the 0700 turn. The only ones in the mug are the ones specified in the scenario/master setup guide as the turn starts in the activation marker draw phase. For the 0900 turn and beyond, including the 0700 turn of subsequent days, activation markers are purchased normally.

You should be able to buy an activation marker if the leader is active somewhere, even if not on "your scenario map" as per Oberst Krug's special rules for this scenario. You just won't be able to spend CPs from him.

Hope that covers it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommy McArdle
United States
Summit
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thanks Mike.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommy McArdle
United States
Summit
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmb
Mike. In looking at this I have a question. KG RAUCH comes on during the 5 June night turn as does KG LUCK when the German Direct Command chit is drawn. As the German Direct command as well as the 21st Pz Div and 716th Inf Div chits are placed in the mug after the British 6th Abn Div activation chit is drawn this would place LUCK with any of his units on the board during the night turn of 5 June.
Rule 7.2 HOW DO I SPEND DISPATCH POINTS TO BUY FORMATION ACTIVATION CHITS ?
states "a formation activation chit is first eligible for purchase the turn after the formation's leader actually enters play as a reinforcement. As both RAUCH and LUCK entered during the night turn of 5 June their Formation Activation should be able to be purchased on the 0700 turn of 6 June which is the next turn. Am I missing or interpreting something wrong here. ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Starkweather
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Mike has it right, Tommy...you are right that 7.2 generally applies and I'm not sure which scenario you're asking about but the 0700 turn on June 6 is a special beast. You start with step G of the sequence of play on the 6/6 0700 turn so there's no chance to buy anything. See "Set-up, 0700, June 6, 1944" in the middle left of page 51 for an example of this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommy McArdle
United States
Summit
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hello Adam and Mike. Thanks for your answers to my questions. I am playing the DAY OF DAYS scenario Night 6/5/44-6/6/44. First turn Night 5 June. So on the 6th of June 0700 turn the following chits should be in the cup ( German Direct command, Allied Direct command, 6th British Airborne Div activation, 21st Pz Div activation, 716th Inf Div activation) do the British 3 and 5 Para Bde and 6 Air landing Bde formation chits go in the cup ? They were on the 5 June night turn. Understand that the Naval chit is the first in play this turn then put back into the cup.
I start with step G for the 0700 turn. On the 0900 turn can I then purchase the German formation chits ?, and I start with step C on this turn. Once again thanks for answering my questions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Starkweather
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Tommy - for Day of Days, just follow what it says in "The Mug" section on page 24. That is what applies to that scenario. All other rules are in force that are not specially mentioned as different in this scenario. You don't start with step G in this scenario on the 0700 turn and purchase chits normally (only skip steps A and B in the sequence of play).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.