$30.00
Joshua Davis
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What is the order of operations in terms of invading?

Yesterday I drafted a 0 card that said before invading a planet discard the top card of your deck, add fleet strength equal to that card's energy cost to put in play.

My question is, before I do that ability, do I have to declare which planet I am attacking? Or can I adjust based on the result.

Similarly, do I have to play a card in an invasion, if I used the cost but didn't like the effect? Or can I just choose to have try the effect but not follow through with committing it to the attack?

Finally, when do you declare which cards you're attacking with?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Clévy
France
Strasbourg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CloudBuilder wrote:
What is the order of operations in terms of invading?

Yesterday I drafted a 0 card that said before invading a planet discard the top card of your deck, add fleet strength equal to that card's energy cost to put in play.

My question is, before I do that ability, do I have to declare which planet I am attacking? Or can I adjust based on the result.

Similarly, do I have to play a card in an invasion, if I used the cost but didn't like the effect? Or can I just choose to have try the effect but not follow through with committing it to the attack?

Finally, when do you declare which cards you're attacking with?

You have to declare the planet you want to invade first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.