Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ultra Magnus
United States
Granville
OH - Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
I'm just a soldier. I can't be a leader.
mbmbmbmbmb
Love the new expansion. But I am a completionist, and also one of the unfortunates who did not snag a Treebeard promo when they were first available, and is unwilling to pay an exorbitant amount to get one.

So, I am wondering if anyone has any ideas for a good mini to use as a proxy? I am hoping for something that is near the same scale, as I know there are a number of Treebeard minis out there, that are much bigger.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Sixer
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Buy the new Warriors of Middle Earth expansion and paint one of the Ents gray. Same model, so it will work just fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Falenthal Greenleaf
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bigsixer wrote:
Buy the new Warriors of Middle Earth expansion and paint one of the Ents gray. Same model, so it will work just fine.

What about the card with his abilities and scores?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Williams
Scotland
Elgin
Moray
flag msg tools
mbmb
Falenthal wrote:
Bigsixer wrote:

The expansion comes with a new version of Treebeard which takes into account the fact the Ents now have their own faction.

However it doesn't come with a specific treebeard model, just 8 blue minis of the same mould as the Treebeard promo model.

Why they couldn't have just stuck 1 more Ent in I don't know. What would it have added to the cost, 50p? A quid at most?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chuck reaume
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I got lucky as the Treebeard promo came attached to my copy of Lords of Middle Earth which I purchased at my FLGS - didn't have to pay extra.

So yes, you could easily paint one of the Ents that come with the new expansion as they are, as stated earlier, the same mold as the Treebeard figure.

And I agree - strange they included the new Treebeard card but not the figure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Go outside. Find a stick. Glue it to some sort of base. Add moss if you're fancy. Instant Treebeard!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Williams
Scotland
Elgin
Moray
flag msg tools
mbmb
reemer wrote:
And I agree - strange they included the new Treebeard card but not the figure.

Doesn't even need to be the figure. A figure would have done just fine!

Still... I love the expansion. And really they didn't need to include the treebeard card, he seems like an extra for people who have the promo and want to still be able to use him.

So, while 1 extra mini would have been nice, I cannot really complain too much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Ortiz
Spain
Santander
Cantabria
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I also have treebeard promo, but i actually hate that he has the same model as every other ent, so i got this figure that i use as treebeard a couple years ago, is from Mithril miniatures (quickbean), it look gorgeus on the table and the scale is perfect....is out of print, kinda hard to get, but not imposible i think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Falenthal Greenleaf
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Orion3T wrote:
Falenthal wrote:

The expansion comes with a new version of Treebeard which takes into account the fact the Ents now have their own faction.

Then I guess that card isn't useful if, at some point, you want to play with Treebeard but without the Warriors of Middle-Earth expansion, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Williams
Scotland
Elgin
Moray
flag msg tools
mbmb
Falenthal wrote:
Orion3T wrote:
Falenthal wrote:

Then I guess that card isn't useful if, at some point, you want to play with Treebeard but without the Warriors of Middle-Earth expansion, right?

I think it can still be used without any rules conflict or loss of ability. It just doesn't reference the cards from the base game as it assumes you will use the expansion, and the rules for integrating the expansion involve swapping the Ent cards out of the decks. They are effectively replaced by the new Faction cards (and maybe the event cards they are replaced with, I'm not familiar with them yet).

If you mean not useful as in 'not very powerful' then I'd agree, but then he isn't very powerful anyway. He seems a solid drawback-free use of a muster or Faction Recruit die if you have nothing better to spend it on, and can get him to help attack Orthanc or defend Rohan. But that seems like a bit of a niche situation.

My wife hasn't played him yet even when we are playing with WoME.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul-Henri SEVE
France
Versailles
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Treebeard and all his friends here :
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-FI/Sylvaneth-Dryads

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabian Schuster
Germany
Ulm
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Paulax wrote:
Treebeard and all his friends here :
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-FI/Sylvaneth-Dryads

I think the intention of the OP was not to pay an exorbitant amount.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Schelter
Canada
Bracebridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are all those GW Sylvaneth-Dryad figures in that set the same size? If they are, that set may represent an opportunity. The OP (or someone else) could buy the set, keep 1 figure to represent "their" Treebeard, and sell the others individually to others who do not have a Treebeard figure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ultra Magnus
United States
Granville
OH - Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
I'm just a soldier. I can't be a leader.
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I found the perfect one.

https://www.tritex-games.co.uk/product/15mm-scale-miniatures...

Cheap by comparison. $5.64 with shipping. Add some grey primer and some flat coat. Easy-peasy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.