8 Posts

Codex: Card-Time Strategy – Deluxe Set» Forums » Rules

Subject: Quince Mirror Illusions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex Krasny
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Do these mirror illusions die when they are targeted by anything like other illusions?

Do these illusions remain in play if Quince dies?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Maisonneuve
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
VirtualAlex wrote:
Do these mirror illusions die when they are targeted by anything like other illusions?

Do these illusions remain in play if Quince dies?

Yes

Yes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Churchill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambs
flag msg tools
designer
"If we knew what we were building, it wouldn't be called research!"
badge
Sufficiently advanced mathematics is indistinguishable from magic
mbmbmbmbmb
A more subtle question on the same topic, which came up in my last Truth game: Quince's first ability says he makes a Mirror Illusion, and his second ability says "Make another (Limit: 2)".

So in the following scenario:
* I play Quince and get 1 Mirror Illusion
* I pay $2 to get a second Mirror Illusion
* Quince dies
* A couple of turns later, I re-summon Quince...

Do I get a third Mirror Illusion, or not?

In other words, is the "Limit: 2" bound to all of Quince's token-making abilities? Or is the Limit only on the activated gold-payment one, and the first ability (the Arrives trigger) isn't restricted by the same limit?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Koens
United States
Watsonville
California
flag msg tools
marks the spot.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure, but I would guess the upper limit is two. This is based mostly on the fact that two Mirror Image tokens are included in the deluxe set, not by a careful analysis of the rules, though, so this could be wrong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
It seems that the spirit of the overall wording of the card suggests that you can have no more than 2 mirror tokens in your possession at one time. So, I would read the topband ability to read:

Arrives: Summon a 0/1 Mirror Illusion token (if you have less than 2)
(2) --> Summon another (if you have less than 2)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Cooksey
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got a similar question about the Future hero's max band ability to summon a mech.

What came up in a game was I got him to max band, then my opponent used the Necromancy spell to steal his levels. If I level him up again, do I summon another mech?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Churchill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambs
flag msg tools
designer
"If we knew what we were building, it wouldn't be called research!"
badge
Sufficiently advanced mathematics is indistinguishable from magic
mbmbmbmbmb
ldd23 wrote:
I've got a similar question about the Future hero's max band ability to summon a mech.

What came up in a game was I got him to max band, then my opponent used the Necromancy spell to steal his levels. If I level him up again, do I summon another mech?
That much I can answer. Yes, indeed you do get another forecast Mech when Vir gets to max level a second time. (Though note that Nether Drain says the drained hero "can't level up this turn", so it can't happen on the very same turn Nether Drain was cast.) I'd suggest people avoid using Nether Drain on Vir, Garth, Grave, and probably Argagarg or Onimaru, for this reason

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Fletcher
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
The official answer (at least for now) is that you do get a 3rd Mirror when you summon Quince, since that ability doesn't have the (limit: 2) designation.

This should rarely happen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.