Popular Tags: [View All]
Tyler DeLisle
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I read multiple threads on here about the differences of the "Limited" edition versus standard retail, but none of them answered my questions 100%.

- Are the standard cardboard chits still included along with the wooden bits?

- Those who got Limited, do you regret it and prefer cardboard? The wood looks nice, but they don't seem as descriptive as the cardboard, then again, looking at pictures of the normal edition, it looks hard to tell colors apart at a distance, or even what's on the chits.

I'm a bit torn, but hoping both are included in the Limited edition so I could just use the wood elsewhere if I decide I don't like it.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico
Germany
Germany
flag msg tools
But I don’t want to go among mad people
badge
Oh, you can’t help that, we’re all mad here.
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope, only wodden bits.
I like the wodden bits. The values on the cardboard chits are always the same for every tank/factory/... so after some time everybody remembers these values. If you make the guns lay flat and the factories stand up there should be no problem in distinguishing them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the LE and wish that I'd bought the standard (but I was a subscriber). I think that the cardboard chits are aesthetically and functionally better and have been tempted to pick up standard for £10 when I see it every now and then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David G. Cox Esq.
Australia
Port Macquarie
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Do what you can, with what you've got, where you are.
mbmbmbmbmb
Owning the LE, I would prefer the standard edition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricky Cantrell
United States
Carrollton
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Tyler, if you ever make it up towards Carrollton I've got a copy of the standard edition I'd let go of for cheap. Shoot me a gm if you're interested.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Kerr
Australia
Kingston
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the LE and have also played the standard edition. I much prefer the LE visually. However, given that it is a fairly average game, I am not really fussed either way. I would suggest saving your money for something better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Espada
Spain
flag msg tools
dakerr wrote:
I have the LE and have also played the standard edition. I much prefer the LE visually. However, given that it is a fairly average game, I am not really fussed either way. I would suggest saving your money for something better.

I think it is a funny and interesting game. If you can buy for (more than) good price, it is a great chance for testing it. I have limited edition and had standard edition first. Both are good, with pros and cons, but finally I prefer wood volume for moving units quickly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler DeLisle
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the replies everyone. I realize it's not a big hit and there might be a reason for it, but I really love the look and like the idea of an easy to teach sort of war game for some settings.

I had ordered it cheap from Amazon and then came across the option to get LE for just a few bucks more. Was hoping both sets of pieces would be in there so I could keep the wood for something else if I decided not to use it. In the end though, I play a lot of games at pubs, I think the wood will be easier to see so I'll try to snag that.

Thanks everyone!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TyDeL wrote:
Thanks for the replies everyone. I realize it's not a big hit and there might be a reason for it, but I really love the look and like the idea of an easy to teach sort of war game for some settings.

I had ordered it cheap from Amazon and then came across the option to get LE for just a few bucks more. Was hoping both sets of pieces would be in there so I could keep the wood for something else if I decided not to use it. In the end though, I play a lot of games at pubs, I think the wood will be easier to see so I'll try to snag that.

Thanks everyone!
If you like the look of the Artwork, get the standard: the wooden tokens are not great IMO and completely lack artwork and don't stack easily. The opposite is true for cardboard tokens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler DeLisle
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hm... you haven't had issues telling colors with the cardboard chits? That's my main concern, especially in lower light situations.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walter Tarzin
Spain
flag msg tools
Yes, I have the standard edition and, though it's really nice, it gets difficult to distinguish different pieces from the other side of the table. I use wooden bits from other games and put it over the cardboard chits for that purpose.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolo D'Ulisse
Italy
ROMA
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had the LE and had to buy the standard because I like the counters much more!! yuk

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler DeLisle
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was hoping that it wouldn't be so polarizing, hah. Now I'm even more torn than I was when I started.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.