Warfighter: The Tactical Special Forces Card Game» Forums » General

Subject: replayability value? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
gary gee
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thinking of buying this...but how replayable is it?..i know it comes with a number of missions.but do the missions play the same way every time or is there a lot of randomness?
I'm just looking at buying the core set for now maybe the expansions later if I like the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Royal
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tootz wrote:
thinking of buying this...but how replayable is it?..i know it comes with a number of missions.but do the missions play the same way every time or is there a lot of randomness?
I'm just looking at buying the core set for now maybe the expansions later if I like the game.

They tend to be variable enough that you don't feel like you're replaying the same mission but with a couple cosmetic changes.

What makes them different is that you can choose to outfit your crew an entirely different way. Crew, equipment, weapons, etc. are all up to you. Some folks might want to find an optimal loadout, others may want to experiment. It's quite rich in this regard.

The situations you wind up in are also different. Sometimes you wind up getting caught in the bocage, so to speak, pinned down in places you didn't think you would be. Other times, you find yourself getting through the mission and then it all goes to heck at the end.

Because the enemies you encounter differ in capabilities, not just stats, you'll sometimes be faced with a beneficial draw that lets you approach a given part of the mission more easily than other times. Some enemies, for example, cover other enemies, leaving one with agonizing decisions about how they need to try and whittle down the enemies.

The die roll change the situation as well. Getting suppressed in sequence means you have to make more gutsy choices to move forward quickly, time isn't on your side in that case.

I have just the base set, and haven't begun to feel that I've exhausted it.

** edited for grammar.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Esther Phillips - Baby, I'm for Real!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Warfighter plays
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan
United States
flag msg tools
1 Player hardcore
badge
Lone Warrior
mbmbmbmbmb
Sphere wrote:

I thought I had a lot more than that. I'm disappointed in myself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Key
United States
Knoxville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Replayability is extremely high. No mission will play the same.

I'm in the top 20!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Slabon
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This game is extremely replayable. As mentioned,previously, no mission ever plays the same. We played one mission where one guy took out, or least attempted to take out, all of his targets in hand to hand. Meanwhile, I took all the wounds, but managed to save myself and blow everything up because I was a heavy weapons medic.

In the next game, we played the same mission and took very few wounds but took out our targets either with sniping or close range stealth weapons.

And in the next game, one of our (new) players who doesn't like these kinds of games never once failed a dice roll and rambo'd the entire thing while the rest of got shot to hell.

Every mission is another heroic adventure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Cameron
United States
Martinez
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
High replayability and a lot of fun. I bought the core game then grabbed the footlocker and expansions the next month. No regrets at all
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
Gloom of Kilforth reprint Kickstarter Sept 29-Oct 31
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Love this game, but always forget to record my plays because I'm a bad person.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dicky P
United Kingdom
West
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ninjadorg wrote:

Perhaps it's a case that you are so focused on "getting your boys out alive" instead?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Boom04 wrote:
ninjadorg wrote:

Perhaps it's a case that you are so focused on "getting your boys out alive" instead?

True story, Dicky!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary gee
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys.

just ordered core set and first expansion. got some free cash next week.so,if I like it I might get the footlocker and further expansions
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.