badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've ranked my humble game collection here on the Geek, but my top games are:

Among the Stars
Castles of Burgundy
Tokaido
Mission: Red Planet
Cosmic Encounter
Pandemic (and I'm in the midst of Pandemic Legacy and LOVING it)

My gaming group is loving Pandemic Legacy, and otherwise they like Cosmic Encounter, they like cooperative games (Pandemic, Forbidden Desert, Hanabi) and then a lot of social deduction and/or bluffing games (Sheriff of Nottingham, Deception: Murder in Hong Kong, The Resistance, Spyfall).

What's next for me and for the group??

Considerations:

Viticulture (I don't have any worker placement games yet, and I think I'd like it)

Bruges (I really really like CoB, so I feel like another Feld would make me happy; even if some in my group don't like it as much)

Cry Havoc (looks like a cool mix of mechanisms and a neat theme... one of the folks in my group has recently complained of not having any Risk-replacements)

Anything else anyone can think of!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan St. John
Canada
Cornwall
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Your group and your tastes mirror mine and my groups pretty closely. CoB is my favorite Feld but Bruges is my second favorite. A close third would be Trajan.

I also love Viticulture! Another couple of lighter worker placements for you and or your group I would suggest Lords of Waterdeep or Stone Age.

Have you considered a coop game with a traitor mechanic such as Shadows over Camelot, Dead of Winter: A Crossroads Game or Battlestar Galactica? My group really enjoys all 3 of those titles.

Good luck and let us know what you decide. Happy gaming!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
What about Room 25 with the expansions. It has the benefit that you can play co-op, hidden traitor or all on competition and seems a nice puzzle to it too.

For something fun, maybe Colt Express and Galaxy Trucker.

Not keen on co-ps so can't really advise on what's good or not :-)

I like the look of among the stars by the way - hadn't come across this one before

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Gonzalez
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rsj77 wrote:
Your group and your tastes mirror mine and my groups pretty closely. CoB is my favorite Feld but Bruges is my second favorite. A close third would be Trajan.

I also love Viticulture! Another couple of lighter worker placements for you and or your group I would suggest Lords of Waterdeep or Stone Age.

Have you considered a coop game with a traitor mechanic such as Shadows over Camelot, Dead of Winter: A Crossroads Game or Battlestar Galactica? My group really enjoys all 3 of those titles.

Good luck and let us know what you decide. Happy gaming!

Thanks for the suggestions. You know, you've got a good point: Given that we all like the bluffing/social deduction mechanisms and we all love co-ops, we really should do a co-op with a traitor!

Maybe I'll give Dead of Winter a try.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Gonzalez
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SaggyUK wrote:
What about Room 25 with the expansions. It has the benefit that you can play co-op, hidden traitor or all on competition and seems a nice puzzle to it too.

For something fun, maybe Colt Express and Galaxy Trucker.

Not keen on co-ps so can't really advise on what's good or not :-)

I like the look of among the stars by the way - hadn't come across this one before

Thanks for the suggestions. And you should definitely give Among the Stars a try. I'm a huge fan. It's like card drafting + tile placement in a science fiction setting with different powers for the different alien races... it's great. I also highly recommend the Ambassadors expansion, once you master the base game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Yes I might - I'd looked at a few similar games but was undecided but I like a sci fi theme so has tempted me a lot more than those lol!

Just to add, if you like theme etc or similar games to me, you may not want lords of waterdeep, i found it too easy/obvious and really not much to think about at all and felt like just collecting cubes.

I've also played shadows over camelot and this was really not much too. Although I've not played it, stone age looks the most promising of the three.

I'm just about to buy mission replanet and know already I will love this lol!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Oh and I'm really hoping to play battlestar galatica one day - just got to find people willing to play lol
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Gonzalez
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SaggyUK wrote:
Yes I might - I'd looked at a few similar games but was undecided but I like a sci fi theme so has tempted me a lot more than those lol!

Just to add, if you like theme etc or similar games to me, you may not want lords of waterdeep, i found it too easy/obvious and really not much to think about at all and felt like just collecting cubes.

I've also played shadows over camelot and this was really not much too. Although I've not played it, stone age looks the most promising of the three.

I'm just about to buy mission replanet and know already I will love this lol!

Thanks for the advice! Mission: Red Planet is amazing, and I'll give you a little tip: It matters where you are sitting relative to the person who has the first player marker at any given time!! There are a lot of times when a card would be great to play, but other people may play that same card, and if you are the last one in the circle you will almost certainly not get to do what you wanted.

I learned that the hard way ... But now this is in my top 5 games of all time.

Anyway, thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.