Subject: SPy and trickster rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
JC
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi,
I got the game along with the expansion and I don't get how the spy works. This is very confusing, it says on the card you lock a coin regardless if you increase or deacrease the value of the dice???
What? So you take a coin from the bank put a coin, lock it on a house dice and then what : do you choose to increase or decrease the value.
On your turn or on your opponent turn?

I thought it worked that way : on your turn basically you double the value of the house by putting a coin on it (as on house dice value is one coin).
And if you use your ability on someone's turn you can decrease the value of the house (so no reward for him, like the firebrand).

But then I red something about getting reward even if it s not your turn (so stealing during your inactive turn).

- And for the trickster : if it s your turn or not you can mimick a KAGE DICE. So if you mimic a KAGE DICE HABILITY (other case are easy to understand) do you mimic the active turn hability or inactive turn (or do you choose?eg the assassin you either choose to kill resident guards on your turn or use it as an arrow?

This expansion's game is fun, but REALLY needs an FAQ or video describing how the KAGE MASTERS habilities work.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JC
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
No answers? I had a look at the editor website.
The rules for this expansion are just a mess. I really like the new dice. But the rules in my game are different from those you can download from the website . Worst in the website there is a description of each card, each new dice habilities and it s completly different from the rule book! I don t get it. Are the rules changing every week!! Has it even been playtested? And honestly I prefer the rules from the picture on the website, they are simplier but at least clear! I will print the picture from the website and play with this rule even if it is not probably the official (but who knows? There are three different version of the rules! )

Sorry for being rude, but I am kind of disapointed with theses rules problems and also the lack of game support.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
zee Parks
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
RFTGJC wrote:
No answers? I had a look at the editor website.
The rules for this expansion are just a mess. I really like the new dice. But the rules in my game are different from those you can download from the website . Worst in the website there is a description of each card, each new dice habilities and it s completly different from the rule book! I don t get it. Are the rules changing every week!! Has it even been playtested? And honestly I prefer the rules from the picture on the website, they are simplier but at least clear! I will print the picture from the website and play with this rule even if it is not probably the official (but who knows? There are three different version of the rules! )

Sorry for being rude, but I am kind of disapointed with theses rules problems and also the lack of game support.

I'll try and ping the creator, He can sometimes be difficult to get a hang of. As for rules on our website we try to keep the most up to date versions possible listed for anyone to download.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JC
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks for the answer.

We just had a go using the rules from the print and play (which are not the updated rules but they are simplier and the game is smoother :

http://www.greenbriergames.com/main/wp-content/uploads/2015/...

And it works fine for us, I think we will continue to play that way.

Despite that, it is a really fun and good game, and my son really like to roll dice and to yell NINJJJJJA!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.