4 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Would you suggest me fief? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ste M
msg tools
Hi. We play usually in 4 ppl.
Two of us really like crusader kings theme.
For the first time I'm not so sure to pull the trigger for a game. Maybe coz shut up and sit down review too. For the mixed reviews it got, and for the fact we usually play 4 ppl.

Probably my money would be safer with pax renaissance. Or maybe maria... but a medieval sandbox with alliance and crisis and betrayal is sooo damn tempting.

See also my collection for games I liked...
Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris thatcher
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe Warrior Knights would be worth a look. I do think it needs the expansion though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Udo Schwalenberg
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmb
I bought a cheap (nearly mint) copy of Fief 2 to try exactly because of the same reason:
I love Crusader Kings 2 and am looking for a boardgame with similar qualities.
Unfortunately I haven't been able to play it yet, just like my copy of Maria, but i'm looking forward to it.

I heard that the newest implementation 'Fief: France 1429' would be the best out of the line, but it was just to expensive for me at the moment, and the "randomness" comments on it just threw me off a little bit.
But if I ever find a cheap copy or someone at our game night brings it along, I will happily try it out to experience it for myself.

For the family aspect of CK2 i was recommended: Legacy: The Testament of Duke de Crecy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Larouche
Canada
Longueuil
Quebec
flag msg tools
Melting souls with cuteness since 2007
badge
Lovin' N-16
mbmbmbmbmb
Tariff wrote:
Maybe Warrior Knights would be worth a look. I do think it needs the expansion though.

Warrior Knight is a better "fief". Though i do not agree it needs the expansion. IMO it fixes something that didn't need fixing and adds clutter on top of it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.