Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Siskin
United States
Playa Del Rey
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why would you want to surrender in a Planetary Invasion? It looks like you give up any research nodes and therefore have to forfeit research projects anyway. Unless you are planning to retake the system very soon and want the nodes intact, I can't see the advantage in surrendering.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Godwin
msg tools
mbmb
dumpty wrote:
Why Would You Want to Surrender in a Planetary Invasion? It looks like you give up any research nodes and therefore have to forfeit research projects anyway. Unless you are planning to retake the system very soon and want the nodes intact, I can't see the advantage in surrendering.

Yeah, that's the reason. I've never done it though, lol
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bennett
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
it can also be used as a diplomatic bargaining tool, a way to trade systems maybe, or forfit a planet that you havent built up in exchange for a trade agreement, that sort of thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guðmundur Skallagrímson
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
I'm reminded of a thread from a while ago describing a situation where some planets were being exchanged back and forth, and culture nodes were often destroyed. It turned out that the players ran out of culture production to rebuild the nodes efficiently and the game dragged on. I wonder if a surrender to protect a node might have been an alternative play in that situation... it would of course still depend on a player's (perceived) ability to retake the system, but I wonder if some buildings are too important to be destroyed in certain situations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grish
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
"Music is the mediator between the spiritual and the sensual life." ♯ ♩ ♫ ♪ - Beethoven
badge
--------ViSiT--------- ---------------------- DockingBay416.com ---------------------- ------for some------ ---------------------- -------STAR--------- -------WARS-------- --------------------- ------l-o-v-e--------
mbmbmbmbmb

I never thought Corey Hart was a Klingon, er, at Heart shake

I think if a Klingon is caught in a bad fight he has to fight, this song must be sung at the table.

"You've not experienced Corey Heart until you have heard him in the original Klingon."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James J

Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
R2EQ wrote:

"You've not experienced Corey Heart until you have heard him in the original Klingon."

"Four thousand throats may be cut in one night by a running man. But four million hearts may be broken in one night by a singing man."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.