United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Aim High!
badge
Smoking Owl, LLC Software
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello, fellow CH players,
After playing this for a little bit, there have been a few times where we wish the game had gone on for maybe another round or two. Perhaps we're slow, but it felt like we were just seeing our strategies come to fruition, only for it all to be abruptly halted by arrival of the final round. Add to this: occasionally, the first event is sometimes a non-event and seems to be a waste.

Question for gaming land: has anyone tinkered with the number of rounds and/or the timing of the events? Any takeaways from your plays?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
X Shrike
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Apparently the newly announced expansion, Cry Havoc: Aftermath, will have a variant to extend the game.

I haven't yet but, I would think it would be relatively easy to extend the game rounds. Instead of finally scoring just put another event token at the end and then loop back to the beginning and keep adding them.

Although I would think the Machines and Pilgrims would benefit the most from extending the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Crenshaw
United States
Shepherdsville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Expansion it will always be 5 rounds. Which was one of my only complaints about the game. Now my variant is not a variant.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.