3 Posts

Techno Bowl: Arcade Football Unplugged» Forums » Rules

Subject: Laterals rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Nace
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This may be covered once the complete rule book is ready, but how do laterals work? If I understand correctly, it would be checked the same way as a normal pass. Now what I can't seem to find in the rules are these two things:

1: If a lateral is thrown and is not successful, is it considered a fumble like in real football, or is it an incomplete pass if both players run out of cards before a player takes possession?

2: If a lateral is thrown at any point during the play, does that play then become a pass play for time-keeping purposes?

3: Not specifically for a pass, but for a player with pitch, how does that factor into the above questions?

Just curious because I'm sure I will feel the need to throw a lateral with Earl Red after he makes an interception whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Rochelle
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
✅✅✅✅     ✅❌✅✅❌✅ ✅❌✅❌✅✅ ❌❌✅✅❌❌ Next year!
badge
1) As written, laterals are passes, as they use the Pass mechanic. They fall incomplete; they are not fumbles. But it would be easy to play otherwise if you wanted more realism.

2) Yes, per the above "laterals are passes".

3) Pitch is a handoff, not a pass, per the rules for that ability.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
General Kale
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I asked about laterals on the Kickstarter page, and I got the same info as here. Also, a lateral that scatters into a forward pass is still legal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.