Subject: Reprint vs original game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Manning
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any difference between the reprinted 2015 rules and the original set?
Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Felsher
United States
Rancho Palos Verdes
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
As far as I've seen, a few minor clarifications added to the rule book (which are also in the original CC:M anyhow), and the cards are stiffer in the newer release. They'll probably last longer but are harder to shuffle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Manning
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks..trying to decide if I want to take the solo " challenge" .. no other option...seems like my kind of game but feel solo is to cumbersome..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonny Lawless
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
Love my girls!
badge
My name is Glenn! Long have I carried Cyrus's hopes and dreams, and now I bear the Masamune as well! Henceforth, I claim them as my own! I shall slay the Fiendlord Magus and restore our honor!
mbmbmbmbmb
There are a few differences between the 1.0 and 1.1 rulebook, but they aren't very substantial. The biggest change was to the victory conditions because there used to be a way to game the system by exiting your last unit IIRC.

I played many games with the 1.0 rules with no problem whatsoever.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Hasegawa
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
truep wrote:
As far as I've seen, a few minor clarifications added to the rule book (which are also in the original CC:M anyhow), and the cards are stiffer in the newer release. They'll probably last longer but are harder to shuffle.

Sleeve the cards. The originals "chipped" easily and needed to be sleeved both to thwart wear and to protect from "marking". Regardless of version, sleeve them. If you get an early copy, download the current rule set - the differences are small.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Smales
United States
Rome
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Colonel Peter Gansevoort (1749 – 1812) Defender of Ft. Stanwix, Rome, N.Y., 1777
mbmbmbmbmb
Version 1.1--tightest rules of any game I own
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Friend
United States
Sierra Vista
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Check the GMT website for the Living Rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.