GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

9,284 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
17 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
24 Posts

Mechs vs. Minions» Forums » General

Subject: Mechs vs Minions Radioplay rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan Munoz
msg tools
​Hey Everyone,

My name is Jonathan "Zonum" Munoz and I'm part of the team at Riot that created Mechs vs Minions.

As we worked on MvM it became clear there was a story surrounding these characters and their adventure we wanted to share.

To do this we brought in some voice actors from League of Legends to reprise their roles as the champions in MvM, which allowed us to craft a full fledged radioplay so you can listen to the game's story as you play!

Using the radioplay lets you follow the cast as you both progress through the campaign and provides narrative context for each mission (usually in the form of Ziggs wanting to blow something up).

Also keeping in mind board games can be played anywhere at anytime, we've constructed the radioplay so it can be used on most computers as well as mobile browsers!

This experience is totally optional and may not be for everyone. But we hope you find it as much fun as we had making it!

While we recommend listening to the radioplay while playing MvM, you can check it out now on the Mechs vs Minions website! But be warned, there are MAJOR SPOILERS about the campaign if you'd rather save the surprise for when you can play along!

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/featured/mechs-vs-minions/c...

Hope you enjoy and would love to hear your thoughts!
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Franco
Australia
flag msg tools
RiotZonum wrote:

While we recommend listening to the radioplay while playing MvM,

Sounds good.
Is the intention that we are meant to listen to these just prior to starting a mission, or are we meant to listen to these while we are actually in the midst of playing the mission?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
My word, you are really setting an impossible bar for your fellow board game publishers and developers...Please don't stop!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Franco
Australia
flag msg tools
Ok, just had a look at them and it looks like you fire them off at certain points of the game (Escalation Steps). I've stayed totally spoiler free (including not looking at any gameplay) so I have no idea what these are but listening to the first 30 seconds of one they sound bloody fantastic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Munoz
msg tools
Mr Skeletor wrote:

Is the intention that we are meant to listen to these just prior to starting a mission, or are we meant to listen to these while we are actually in the midst of playing the mission?

A little bit of both!

The first segment of each mission is meant to be listened to right before playing the mission. As you play the game, there are additional cues in the radioplay that let you know when to play the next piece of audio.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Crenshaw
United States
Shepherdsville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is awesome. But is there a way to download these?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Munoz
msg tools
SeerMagic wrote:
This is awesome. But is there a way to download these?

Not at the moment Dustin.

While we haven't ruled out the potential to download these files separately in one form or another in the future, we saw the website as providing a structured way to listen to these at the proper time in a given mission.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
Savefrom.net works for me on these audio files. I would much rather play these without needing Internet access.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Piquette
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Hello!
badge
I had to spend this geek gold on something
mbmbmbmbmb
This is fantastic and makes me even more excited for the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Abel Kim
United States
Flower Mound
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
I am a Turtle.
mbmbmbmbmb
LOL!

So the boss minion's name (according to the radio play) is...

Spoiler (click to reveal)
KADES

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Good job. Since we don't have the game in our hot little hands yet maybe show pics of the characters with their names on the tutorial page? That way, boardgamers who aren't familiar with LoL can learn something about them. Perhaps even when mousing over the character's name and portrait, a biographical box shows up to read about the character.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guy Steuperaert
Belgium
Desselgem
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just listened to the first bit of the tutorial. Its seems to guide you trough the game with a few major turning points in each mission.

I simply love this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Munoz
msg tools
Sam and Max wrote:
Good job. Since we don't have the game in our hot little hands yet maybe show pics of the characters with their names on the tutorial page? That way, boardgamers who aren't familiar with LoL can learn something about them. Perhaps even when mousing over the character's name and portrait, a biographical box shows up to read about the character.

Oh that's an interesting idea Freelance! That could be a cool addition if we update the radioplay.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
danny kessel
Netherlands
Breda
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
This might be an old topic, but I would like to pitch in, that for the group I played with, the radio play really made our day every time... all those characters are just wonderful (Ziggs especially)
Did make us have to play trough the whole campaign last saterday... until sunday 05.30 :s
Don't worry, no mad parents, we are all grown ups(that like to feel like kids again when playing games like these)

Only sad thing about the radio play... it seems not everybody is aware of its existants when they start playing the game. I noticed a lot of the reviews not mentioning anything about it!

Also, for me it worked best to just download the tutorial, the radio play and the background sounds and play them from the computer, as I noticed that sometimes, playing from the internet caused hickups or stops in the sound.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexis Zamrbano
Chile
flag msg tools
Any posibility to make the radioplay in another language? Spanish for example?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Munoz
msg tools
Glad you guys enjoyed it Danny!

We're working on getting the radioplay mentioned in the in game materials of future prints so more folks can enjoy it.

Sorry to hear about those issues, we're investigating ways to more easily access the radioplay without access to the internet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Munoz
msg tools
AirZs wrote:
Any posibility to make the radioplay in another language? Spanish for example?

Good question Alexis. We're monitoring the demand for additional language support to help us determine what other languages to translate the radioplay and the game itself, so your input here is super valuable to us!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
WD Yoga
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RiotZonum wrote:

Glad you guys enjoyed it Danny!

We're working on getting the radioplay mentioned in the in game materials of future prints so more folks can enjoy it.

Thanks for the brilliant radio play! My son and I listened to the radio play during our sessions and it really enhanced our experience.

RiotZonum wrote:
Sorry to hear about those issues, we're investigating ways to more easily access the radioplay without access to the internet.

An app! An app! Please give us radio play app...

...and new mission generator, please? Pretty please?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Willo
Australia
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Esvath wrote:
....An app! An app! Please give us radio play app...

What makes you think these guys know anything about writing software.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexis Zamrbano
Chile
flag msg tools
Any chance in the meantime to make subtitles to the audios? In a youtube video for example, its a fast, low cost solution.

Ty for your preoccupation
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Manes
United States
Chico
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RiotZonum wrote:
...Hope you enjoy and would love to hear your thoughts!

Since you asked, my wife and 7 year-old son and I listen to the plays before we set up the scenario and after we play. It's a great prelude and epilogue to playing. The characters' voices are distinct, so it's easy to tell who's talking and the plays themselves are charming.

And mission 3 (which we played last night) was very cleverly presented all around.

Riot has really outdone...well...themselves/everything/everyone else when it comes to this game. It's pretty special.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robyn Z
United States
Worcester
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
youtube videos would be fantastic

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Jonas

Oakdale
Minnesota
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool. Anyway to play these offline?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SERGEY KARPOV
Russia
flag msg tools
Can you public text files of radioplay? It's too difficult to listen audio for non-english speakers. But with text (and it's translation!) all game owners can enjoy them)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.