Hide
4 Posts

Anachrony» Forums » Rules

Subject: Collapsing capital tiles and 2 resource symbol rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael D
msg tools
1. When playing on on of the available collapsing capital hexes do you still have to pay the original cost for that hex (i.e. 1 water) if there was one. Or do you just treat the new hex overlay as the new hex action and disregard the original hex cost.

2. In the nomad exchange there is a symbol of a 3 colored cubs with a 2. Does this mean 2 resources of any kind (1 uranium and 1 gold) or must it be 2 of the same type only ( 2 titanium)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nándor Gáspár
Hungary
Budapest
Budapest
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
electricalstorm wrote:
1. When playing on on of the available collapsing capital hexes do you still have to pay the original cost for that hex (i.e. 1 water) if there was one. Or do you just treat the new hex overlay as the new hex action and disregard the original hex cost.

Since the original hexes will be covered and the new tiles are a stronger version of the Capital Actions I would say you don't have to pay the original cost. (It doesn't make much sense to me)

electricalstorm wrote:
2. In the nomad exchange there is a symbol of a 3 colored cubs with a 2. Does this mean 2 resources of any kind (1 uranium and 1 gold) or must it be 2 of the same type only ( 2 titanium)?

According to the rulebook:
Quote:
Exchange any two of Titanium, Uranium, or Gold to 3 Water; or vica versa
In my interpretation you can mix two kinds of resources but I hope we will get a confirmation or correction in this question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Original cost is ignored. Ydnad is correct.

2. Hah. Good catch. My instinct was gonna be any two, but apparently the rulebook disagrees. No it doesn't, my instinct was right, see Viktor's clarification below. I wonder if the power plant that takes X cubes works the same way? Yes it does..
I'll summon
Viktor Péter
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
, and let him call final dibs on this particular one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Viktor Péter
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
In this case (and any other where the tri-colored cube appears with a number greater than 1), you can mix and match the resources - not all of them have to be the same type.

I hope this helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.