5 Posts

Vivarium» Forums » General

Subject: Expansion Material. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
A B
msg tools
mbmbmb
This is pretty much a message for Corey.

-Were there to be some expansion material for Vivarium, what
whole new species might be added? Does Corey or his game team
have any initial ideas already?

-There are incidental species like the Hippo or the Gazelles
or the Hunting Dogs. Are there any ideas about more initial
species, in these sorts of capacities, for Vivarium?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey Le Mesurier
msg tools
designer
Hi there, thanks for your message.

All my focus is on delivering a quality base game to backers and the rest of the world so I have no serious plans for an expansion as of yet. I have a few ideas in the back of my head, but there are a lot of things to consider before trying for an expansion.

Hope that helps!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A B
msg tools
mbmbmb
Oh Corey,

Please tell pre-pay people for Vivarium in Australia that printing
and postage is not very far away. Are they?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey Le Mesurier
msg tools
designer
Hi there, people who pre-ordered will receive an update shortly regarding the status of their order. I'm just waiting for more information. In order for me to give news, there needs to be news.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A B
msg tools
mbmbmb
-It looks as though Vivarium is based around land or air species. Corey, what are those ideas sitting in the back of your head?
What species names are they?

-You could go with modern extinct species. There's only one predatory bird, so you could include the passenger pidgeon. Or the Thylacine, as an Australian person.

-You could in theory go with prehistoric extinct species to include more Australian ones from there.

-There aren't any smaller land creatures. Like a lemur or langur monkey. Or a ground digger, like the meerkat. There isn't a venemous snake species. Or any ungulate species particularly, such as the gnu. There is no leopard (which could perhaps be seen as including something for a jaguar).

-The final thing you could do is a regional expansion, like Africa, India, North America, Australia.

-At any rate, I'm counting the time until my Vivarium box arrives! I look forward to more species, definitely more cards and content, maybe some more token events. Definitely would love an expansion!

Merry Christmas to Corey Le Mesurier and everyone involved!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.