Star Wars: Imperial Assault» Forums » Rules

Subject: "Advanced Com Systems" question. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Haukur Arnarsson
Iceland
flag msg tools
Hi,

I'm fairly certain I know the answer to this already but I just want to make 100% sure on this.

On the skirmish upgrade attachment card "Advanced Com Systems" it says

"Abilites on your Deployment card that choose or affect adjacent friendly figures or friendly figures within 2 spaces can choose or affect other friendly figures within 3 spaces instead."

So my question is such. When you play command cards that give figures new actions to perform. Such as inspiring speech do they qualify as "an ability on your deployment card"?

As I said this is probably a stupid question but I couldn't find in the RRG how exactly these cards interact with the miniature(as they are not allowed to use abilities outside their deployment card unless explicitly stated. e.g. General Sorin).

Any input appreciated
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Command cards can provide extra abilities, but those abilities are not 'on your Deployment Card'.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rachi C
msg tools
mb
Clipper wrote:
Command cards can provide extra abilities, but those abilities are not 'on your Deployment Card'.

Otherwise, there is no difference between Abilities on Deployment card and attachment, isn't it?

http://cards.boardwars.eu/index.php?album=Ally-and-Villain-P...

If a group has both Tusken weaponry and Savage Weaponry, if a make an attack using Tusken weaponry, I lose the pierce 1, right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lunottina wrote:
If a group has both Tusken weaponry and Savage Weaponry, if a make an attack using Tusken weaponry, I lose the pierce 1, right?

Yes. You also lose the Surge: Bleed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next total solar eclipse holiday in 2017 in the USA.
mbmbmbmbmb
Abilities, RRG wrote:
All text on cards and hero sheets are referred to as abilities.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Haukur Arnarsson
Iceland
flag msg tools
Clipper wrote:

That was my first assumption as well it just makes this card so underwhelming on anyone except maybe Sorin(Kayn Somos also but he's not that great atm due to cost imo). So I started to wonder maybe they made it with these cards in mind. But the RRG section on command cards doesn't touch on how they interact with deployment cards. All I could find was this in the Skirmish guide book:

"If the card has the Action icon, that figure must use one of its actions to resolve the ability on the card."

Which seems to suggest my original assumption. I was just wondering what the general consensus would be as I have been wrong on rule callings before

Thanks for the insight
----------------------------
a1bert wrote:
Abilities, RRG wrote:
All text on cards and hero sheets are referred to as abilities.

Yeah, but I was wondering if by playing command cards "on" figures they'd be considered as being integrated into the deployment card or not
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next total solar eclipse holiday in 2017 in the USA.
mbmbmbmbmb
The text about abilities was elaborating Clipper's answer.

Abilities not on the deployment card are not abilities on the deployment card.

(Why would Advanced Com Systems refer to an ability on the deployment card if it would affect abilities outside of the deployment card?)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Haukur Arnarsson
Iceland
flag msg tools
Yeah that is what I thought. As I said I started wondering how command cards interact with deployment cards.

Cause if they did integrate into the card this upgrade would be pretty bonkers. But in the current pool this card is almost useless, unless you have a very specific build in mind, it'd probably be better to just have the 1 initiative bid than this one. But maybe they plan on adding more cards that will make this one more viable in more builds.

Thanks for the input!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.