Arkham Horror: The Card Game» Forums » General

Subject: Arkham Horror Dividers - Work in Progress rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joseph Krogmeier
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm working on creating dividers for this game in a similar vein to my LotR LCG dividers (http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/103472/vertical-themed-div...)

Here is what I have so far, any feedback would be welcome.

Encounter Cards

Player Cards
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ulfengaard Hrafnson
United States
Cameron Park
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like these, and I prefer the full names (not just the icons) in full width. Other card dividers have used tabs, which sounds nifty in theory but tends to look awful in practice as the tabs bend easily and become creased this way and that.

Nice work!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robbie M.
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
These are nice. I will make use of them, thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Donghi
Italy
Near Milan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would omit the FFG logo for obvious copyright issues. Using a game logo might be fine (as long as the company doesn't contest its use with a cease&desist), but the company logo gives something of an official look and that looks a bit too much to me. Other than that, beautiful execution, I wish I had your skills when I did my Arkham dividers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Soylent Green
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Stop hovering over me!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
These are excellent! I will 100% use!

This will be my first game where I make a box insert and these divider cards look awesome.

As for the logo - you should be just fine - as long as you don't sell them which you appear to not be doing anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Schepers
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking good!

+1 for not using the FFG logo, might get you in trouble. Perhaps simply layer something over it.

And plans for horizontal dividers? The box won't be tall enough for vertical ones, I think...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Parrish
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed, no logo, that way you can keep making these. Once you're done I will absolutely use them. They're great. I'll just paste them over the BCW hard plastic dividers to they're a little more sturdy. Love them, though. Can't wait to see the rest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Krogmeier
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SirWillibald wrote:
Looking good!

+1 for not using the FFG logo, might get you in trouble. Perhaps simply layer something over it.

And plans for horizontal dividers? The box won't be tall enough for vertical ones, I think...

From my (admittedly limited) understanding of copyright law, my incorporating the ffg logo should fall under fair use, I've included it on other dividers for years with no issue.

These actually aren't sized for the original box, they're sized for the wooden artists case you've probably seen around BGG and I've heard that they also work well with BCW cardboard card boxes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Parrish
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It would definitely *not* be fair use, and could land you in legal hot water. Fair use would be a review, research, teaching, parody, or the like. But a product (even free one like this) falls under none of those. It's up to you (I'll use them either way as long as you keep making them for the different sets) but I don't want you running into any issues if FFG decides to protect their logo. Especially with a game with as much hype as this, they might pay attention more than they have for other products.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frederic Manson
France
Istres
Bouches du Rhone
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Forget the FFG logo for your own safety, replace it with a Cthulhu derived one if you want or the one that will be used for this LCG.

If you REALLY want the FFG logo on your work, then ASK FFG the permission yo use it and indicate it with a short legal sentence: "FFG logo used with kind permission of FFG. Fan-made product. Not for sale."

That's all!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.