Hide
6 Posts

Orléans» Forums » Rules

Subject: Town hall rules rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Justin Glambeck
msg tools
So we were playing orleans and two players put scholars in their town hall action space. Player A put two and player B put 1. Player A was before player B in turn order. There was only two grey spots left open in the beneficial deed board. So player A filled up town hall and player B was stuck with the scholar in their action space. Player B should have known if they were watching player A but they were not so what happens to player B's Scholar. Does it stay in the action space for the rest the game or does it just go back in the players bag? It says in the rulebook not to remove tokens from the board untill the action has been completed. Anyone else run into this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter S.
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
Without looking, you can return a person from an action space back to the market in place of drawing a disc from the bag. So no, you won't put it back in the bag but you can get it back and reassign it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Bussema
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You could also leave it there indefinitely if you have no better use for it and feel like you can get by with only one town hall space. On some future turn when you get to (N-1) draws (N = your normal allotment) and you look at what you have already drawn, if you decide you don't need another draw, then you could use that last draw on that turn, pull it into the market, and go assign it to the library, even if you have no intention of actually assigning the knight to go along with it. From then on your town hall is free and your scholar is harmlessly out of the way.

Certainly, I've been known to stash my starting boatman/fishermen/BLUE GUY WHATEVER THEY ARE on "village" late game when I don't have any more use for it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Glambeck
msg tools
Thanks for the clarification. Funny story while looking for clarification on this rule in the rule book we found out we've been playing the game wrong the entire time we had the start player take all of their actions and then the next player and so on instead of one Acton at a time

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter S.
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
InfoCynic wrote:
...my starting boatman/fishermen/BLUE GUY WHATEVER THEY ARE [...].

Coxswain, if you want to be extra fancy. (Pronounced "kok-s'n", in the same way "forecastle" is pronounced "fawk-s'll".)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Mulholland
United Kingdom
Bradford
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I really like squid.
badge
I really like squid.
mbmbmbmbmb
Scynthius wrote:
Thanks for the clarification. Funny story while looking for clarification on this rule in the rule book we found out we've been playing the game wrong the entire time we had the start player take all of their actions and then the next player and so on instead of one Acton at a time

We did that in our first game, think its an easy oversight. Massively changes the game though!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.