$20.00
Renato Corrêa
Brazil
Florianopolis
Santa Catarina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am a typical cube pusher. Usually, my group plays euro games. So I am looking for something different. Between Merchant and Marauders and Arcadia Quest, which one do you believe is more a gamer's game for euro players?

Thx

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K S
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Depends: do you actually want to Ameritrash it up, or do you want a game that you can still play like a Euro?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Renato Corrêa
Brazil
Florianopolis
Santa Catarina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wamsp wrote:
Depends: do you actually want to Ameritrash it up, or do you want a game that you can still play like a Euro?

Good question... I want something fun (of course) but different from my euros.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel B
Sweden
Umeå
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Arcadia quest us so much fun
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K S
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Renato99 wrote:

If you'd like a game that forces you to adopt a new play style, then I think Arcadia Quest may be what you want.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Renato Corrêa
Brazil
Florianopolis
Santa Catarina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wamsp wrote:
Renato99 wrote:

If you'd like a game that forces you to adopt a new play style, then I think Arcadia Quest may be what you want.

But dont you think that the sandbox appeal of Merchants is more refreshing for an euro group?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Andersson
Sweden
Rimbo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Both games are great. And I think AQ is the better game. But M&M is more euroish since you can sail around and trade goods peacefully with very few dice rolls. But beware of pirates arrrh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denis Maddalena
United States
Nottingham
MD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
AQ, for PVP aspect... though it's mostly looting and doing the same thing over and over with slightly different characters.

M&M for the better game, suitable for both aggro and defensive players.

Don't believe the hype. AQ is fun-ish, but theme falls apart faster than most CMON titles (the monsters just sit there until you do something to them).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.