United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like the publishers took in a lot of the feedback from their abortive first KS campaign and have relaunched a game that appears much slicker and more polished than before.

60% funded after 16 hours. I do wish them luck. I may go in on this one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Lewis
United States
Cumming
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
I like the idea of the game, unfortunately some of the mechanics, such as the random movement dice, and the rigid order the gang members must take their actions doesn't sit well with me, as someone who is predominantly a skirmish game player.

I am going to wait for it to reach retail and see how it is received by the masses (as well as what the actual figures will look like) before deciding if the game has a place in my collection of licensed skirmish games. So, for that, I hope it funds.

EDIT: After watching the play through video a few times and reading the rulebook a few times, I think I can safely say this game is not for me.

The rulebook needs a lot of work and there are a lot of standard skirmish game mechanics that would help make the game play more dynamic, but as it is it seems like the game play is too basic and straight forward which will likely limit replays for anyone who isn't a diehard fan of the movie.

I also think the designers need to take a good long look at the game's components some of them seem pointless and likely to add cost and weight that isn't needed.

Ultimately, I think the game needs too much polish to really elevate it to the ranks of similar licensed games. I also think, as this is their first miniatures game, that they are putting too much faith in their manufacturer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.