$30.00
Olaf Slomp
Netherlands
Moerkapelle
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

Me and wife are getting close to finishing PL; we have played every game month in the corresponding month this year, so just just two months left, and have enjoyed it very much.
Now we are looking for another great co-op for the two of us to play next year. We really would like another game that builds the story across several games. We like the puzzely gameplay in Pandemic (and playing with the two of us prevents the alpha player risk).

I had done some research and thought I was going to choose between TIME stories and Mice and Mystics, but then I watched Rahdo on both games last night, who pretty much shot them both down:
- M&M: Cute story, but gameplay is really just dice rolling, not puzzely at all (ok, puzzely may not be a proper english word)
- TS: Not really made for two players. Playing by the official rules takes away a lot from the game. May still pick it up, to play with other people, because it still sounds great, but apparently not the two player game we are looking for.

So... Back to square one it is.... Any recommendations?
Robinson Crusoe was another one I had been looking at but seems very hard to get these days. Other options?

Input appreciated!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L W
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife and I loved Pandemic Legacy as well. Now we are playing Descent: Journeys in the Dark (Second Edition) with the co-op app. There are two campaigns although one is a short tutorial. We've played at least 10 quests with the main campaign. The game is very different than Pandemic but if you were looking at Mice & Mystics you might give Descent a try.

The designer of Pandemic Legacy has at least 2 more legacy games in print, Risk Legacy andSeaFall but neither is a co-op.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Burt
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmb
Given your game ratings, you might look into Gloomhaven. It will be a big step up from pandemic legacy, but you should be able to handle it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Olafslomp wrote:
Robinson Crusoe was another one I had been looking at but seems very hard to get these days.

That is no problem, since they just release a 2nd edition. Also, the mars-themed "Robinson Crusoe". Getting it should be no problem, really.

Other than that, I would also look into Gloomhaven, which should be out soon enough.

Bye
Thanee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Fish
United States
Springfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
Robinson Crusoe is getting a reprint in about a month. That's a good one.i would also suggest Legends of Andor, or the soon to be out Mechs vs. Minions
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dmitriy Razumov
Russia
Vladimir
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Legends of Andor with Journey to the North Expansion (comes this month) - 10 Legends with 2 replayable ones. But story is not that interesting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olaf Slomp
Netherlands
Moerkapelle
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have Andor and like it a lot. Fantasy setting is less appealing to my wife, but I'm happily playing it with some other friends.
Didnt know about the reprint of Robinson Crusoe and Descent and Gloomhaven were not on my radar, will look into these 3 options, thanks!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik G
Netherlands
Waalre
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe fabled fruit? Having its debute today in Essen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karan R
India
Mumbai
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tales of the Arabian Nights worth a look

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K S
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
nukeu666 wrote:

Tales of the Arabian Nights is a fine game, but it's not co-operative. I haven't played it, but Agents of SMERSH is supposed to be a competent co-operative alternative, but the story doesn't continue between play sessions the way that it does with Pandemic Legacy: Season 1.

Rather, I think that OP may want to consider Mechs vs. Minions. I haven't played it yet (it's only going on sale today), but it's co-op, looks "puzzley", has a "legacy" campaign system (though I think it's reversible, unlike Pandemic: Legacy), and all of the reviews so far have been very positive. Not sure how you'll feel about the theme, but most reviews so far say that it's enjoyable by people who don't play the League of Legends video game (I don't play it, but I think I will enjoy this game). It's a bit pricey, but I don't think very much more than the other games you mention (at least in the US, I don't know about Netherlands prices), and the production is supposedly very high quality.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olaf Slomp
Netherlands
Moerkapelle
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What turned me off of Mice and Mystics (dice chucker) seems to be what it has in common with Descent.
Fabled Fruit's theme doesn't a peel to me (pun intended).
MvM isnt available yet and dont think my wife would like the theme.
So I'm down to Gloomhaven or Robinson Crusoe. I'll run them both by my wife to see what she thinks.
Thanks for the advise!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.