$30.00
Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: Looking for online asynchronous board games rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Isaac Shalev
United States
Stamford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I enjoy longer, heavier games like Twilight Struggle and Through the Ages, and I find that playing them online, async, with email notification for your turn, is the best way for me to get plays in.

What games, sites and Steam or Android apps are out there?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Roy
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ender7 wrote:
I enjoy longer, heavier games like Twilight Struggle and Through the Ages, and I find that playing them online, async, with email notification for your turn, is the best way for me to get plays in.

What games, sites and Steam or Android apps are out there?


Twilight Struggle is available as an app (not sure about Android, but I know it's on Steam).

Through the Ages is playable online asynchronously on Boardgame Arena and Boardgames Online

Lots of other great strategy games on BGA and Boiteajeux.net, as well as yucata.de. All of them can be played async.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hist wrote:
Twilight Struggle is available as an app (not sure about Android, but I know it's on Steam).


The last time I looked (a few weeks ago) GMT said an Android beta was imminent...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Shillinglaw
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hist wrote:
ender7 wrote:
I enjoy longer, heavier games like Twilight Struggle and Through the Ages, and I find that playing them online, async, with email notification for your turn, is the best way for me to get plays in.

What games, sites and Steam or Android apps are out there?


Twilight Struggle is available as an app (not sure about Android, but I know it's on Steam).

Through the Ages is playable online asynchronously on Boardgame Arena and Boardgames Online

Lots of other great strategy games on BGA and Boiteajeux.net, as well as yucata.de. All of them can be played async.


These are the three I was going to mention.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
'Bernard Wingrave'
United States
Wyoming
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yucata.de is very nice.

VASSAL is another option for asynch play if you are willing to install free software.

Also check out play.boardgamecore.net for Food Chain Magnate and Antiquity.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Milki Kaplanski
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure if deck building is your cup of tea, but one of my favourites, Space Food Truck, recently added async play, so it might be worth a look. :)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Olsen
United States
South Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't played in a while and don't know about email notifications, but this a great site for Terra Mystica.

http://terra.snellman.net/
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.