Popular Tags: [View All]
Vince Alvarez
China
Tracy
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I have a few questions.

New Title Cards: Can each of the benefits (3 gold, reputation and/or fortune token) be selected more than once? If someone is 21 glory behind the Prince(ss) will they receive 4 benefits or 5 benefits? (i.e. clarify "fraction thereof")

Exploring New Islands: New rules sticker says to gain glory for the endeavor as normal. Do I also receive the glory listed at the end of the column? Example: For the first column without an island (defense of 5), would I receive one glory for the successful endeavor and the one glory listed below the Defense value or is the glory listed below the Defense value the glory that I receive for the endeavor.

Sailing: If I choose the sail action can I sail a portion of my sail value, take a second guild action, and then take the unused sail value? For example: Can I sail 1 space to an island, raid goods there and then continue sailing to my province ending my sail action in my Port (removing damage from raid)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Arnold
United States
Bowling Green
Kentucky
flag msg tools
Needs more game time!
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Each can be selected multiple times.

2) Yes,you get the glory for both the endeavor and the islands. Your example is correct.

3) Can't split up sail actions sadly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR Honeycutt
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hiax wrote:
1) Each can be selected multiple times.

2) Yes,you get the glory for both the endeavor and the islands. Your example is correct.

3) Can't split up sail actions sadly.

All correct
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vince Alvarez
China
Tracy
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks for all the quick replies. To clarify a person 21 glory behind the leader will receive 5 benefits. Meaning someone 1 glory behind will still receive a single benefit?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR Honeycutt
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
heyvince wrote:
Thanks for all the quick replies. To clarify a person 21 glory behind the leader will receive 5 benefits. Meaning someone 1 glory behind will still receive a single benefit?

Yes, this is correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq Starforged
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
heyvince wrote:

This is me hoping that I never get five benefits...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vince Alvarez
China
Tracy
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Becq wrote:
heyvince wrote:

This is me hoping that I never get five benefits...

We had one player who happened to miss a blowout of a game and will be receiving 9 of those benefits during the next session. For context, it's a 4 player game and the difference between first place and fourth is 43 glory, after 5 post-prologue games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
heyvince wrote:
We had one player who happened to miss a blowout of a game and will be receiving 9 of those benefits during the next session. For context, it's a 4 player game and the difference between first place and fourth is 43 glory, after 5 post-prologue games.

That seems nearly impossible. Our scores were 60-54-44-39 after 5 games, and the last-place played had gotten consistently smoked, except for the first game (relative to leader: +2, -3, -7, -1, -12). To fall behind by 43 in 5 games you would have to *average* 9 behind the leader, in a game where winning score are less than 20. Are you sure you're not doing something wrong?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vince Alvarez
China
Tracy
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
heyvince wrote:

That seems nearly impossible. Our scores were 60-54-44-39 after 5 games, and the last-place played had gotten consistently smoked, except for the first game (relative to leader: +2, -3, -7, -1, -12). To fall behind by 43 in 5 games you would have to *average* 9 behind the leader, in a game where winning score are less than 20. Are you sure you're not doing something wrong?

He could be playing more optimally for gaining glory. Our scores are 64-45-36-22. His score relative to mine (campaign leader having won 3/5 games) is: -8, -8, -9, -12, -5. Which leads to campaign wide difference as 64/22, a difference of 42.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
heyvince wrote:
He could be playing more optimally for gaining glory.

Is he doing something other than gaining glory? I think completely ignoring glory if you can get other permanent benefits is an excellent strategy. The rubber-banding is going to make up for the lack of glory. But it seems to me that the things you can do that give you permanent benefits (like achieving milestones) also tend to give you glory.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Denning
msg tools
We just finished game 6, and so far my lady place guy is getting 8 rewards, and I'm getting 6, in third place. Second place is getting 3. (Although I've won the past two games, so I think I'm catching up pretty well.)

Our leader keeps getting milestones, which we didn't realize would be so big when we first started. Plus, he raided me and Mike (last) for the winning points in games 1 and 2, for a milestone each time. (3 treasures the first time, sinking a ship the second time.) On the other hand, Mike and I have 3 and 5 of his stickers, respectively, from that game, so he basically can't touch us until we decide to start shit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Waterman
United States
Commerce Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
At the end of game thirteen, our scores are 201, 189, 168, 165, 165. Two of us will be getting 8 bonuses next game session! At the start of game 12, the low score was 133 (BIG catchup this game!) and the high score was 181. Yep, one player got 10 bonuses tonight - that was the beginning of what helped them catch up! That, and the Reliquarium....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.