$15.00
$5.00
$20.00
James King
United States
North Central Louisiana / No Longer A Resident of the Shreveport/Bossier City Area / Currently I sponsor gaming groups in Monroe & Alexandria, LA.
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

> Excerpts from the Ocotber 11, 2016 Borowitz Report story by Andy Borowitz entitled:

Trump Expands Attacks To Include Funkster George Clinton

George Clinton

YOUNGSTOWN, OHIO (The Borowitz Report) — Unveiling a strategy that some Republican insiders deemed unwise, Donald Trump on Tuesday unleashed a blistering attack on funkster George Clinton.

In a furious tirade at a rally in Youngstown, Ohio, the Republican Presidential nominee seemed to take his audience by surprise by tearing into Clinton, the founder of the legendary funk ensembles known collectively as Parliament-Funkadelic.

“Anyone who is knocking me for my locker-room banter has never heard ‘Atomic Dog,’” Trump told his audience. “It’s disgusting.”

“If I went around saying, ‘Why must I feel like that, why must I chase the cat, it’s the dog in me,’ the media would kill me,” Trump added.

As many members of his audience shifted uncomfortably in their seats, Trump escalated his attack on Clinton by impugning the musician’s most celebrated asset: his funk.

“George Clinton says he has funk, but he has terrible funk,” he said. “I have better funk than he does.”

The billionaire continued his attacks later on Twitter, where he referred repeatedly to Clinton as “Unfunky George.”

On Capitol Hill, House Speaker Paul Ryan bemoaned the latest tactics of his party’s mercurial nominee. “At a time when he should be talking about jobs and terrorism, he’s saying, ‘Do the dogcatcher, Baby, do the dogcatcher,’” Ryan said. “It’s counterproductive.”

Now *that* is just sad.

On the other hand, there's more to this than meets the eye. To find out what it is, follow the arrows below.

S

S

S

S

S

S

S

S

S

S

S

S

S

S

S

S

S

S

S

S

S

S

S

> Excerpts from the October 12, 2016 Tennessee Democrat news story by Mark Hinson entitled:

Andy Borowitz Takes On Clinton (George, That Is)

New Yorker magazine political satirist and humorist Andy Borowitz dragged Clinton into the scrum this week.

*George Clinton*, that is. Not Hillary Clinton.

Tallahassee's own king of funk music was playfully ribbed in The Borowitz Report column that was published by New York magazine on Oct. 11. The fictional jab at Republican Presidential candidate Donald Trump started with a Youngstown, Ohio dateline that quoted the New York business tycoon as saying: "Anyone who is knocking me for my locker-room banter has never heard 'Atomic Dog.' It's disgusting."

Borowitz went on to write: "The billionaire continued his attacks later on Twitter, where he referred repeatedly to Clinton as 'Unfunky George.'"

Earlier this month, George Clinton took time out from recording a new P-Funk track at his Tallahassee studio to pose for the USA Today Network’s #votingbecause campaign. He is a supporter of Clinton - *Hillary*, that is.

“It’s no joke, you’d better register to vote,” the singer of “Flashlight" and “Bop Gun” said. “Especially this year.”

Besides sharing a last name with one of this year’s Presidential candidates, Clinton once released a song called “Paint the White House Black” in 1993, which proved to be rather prophetic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
ShreveportLAGamer wrote:

Well, I feel musically illiterate. (No plans to change that, though.) Hadn't heard that before, and kept hearing stuff which had been reused in like three different Paris songs & one Eazy-E. Had no idea that was where it came from.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xander Fulton
United States
Lake Oswego
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
kuhrusty wrote:
ShreveportLAGamer wrote:

Well, I feel musically illiterate. (No plans to change that, though.) Hadn't heard that before, and kept hearing stuff which had been reused in like three different Paris songs & one Eazy-E. Had no idea that was where it came from.

OMG, you HAD to have heard of Parliament?

C'mon, now...Flashlight?

(Yes it's one song. And yeah, half an hour. You'll thank me later.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xander Fulton
United States
Lake Oswego
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
XanderF wrote:
kuhrusty wrote:
ShreveportLAGamer wrote:

C'mon, now...Flashlight?

(Yes it's one song. And yeah, half an hour. You'll thank me later.)

YouTube tells me there is a 6-minute version.

For some people, I guess. Whatever. It's okay...I guess.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Hathorn
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kuhrusty wrote:
ShreveportLAGamer wrote:

Welcome to P-Funk We're friendly here.

I went to a two-and-a-half hour Parliament jam in Austin years back. I think they played 3 songs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
XanderF wrote:

C'mon, now...Flashlight?

Well... my musical tastes are, uhh, "focused." I may have only heard a few things, but I've heard them a whole lot of times.

(There's no way I'm listening to all that; I have stuff to do, so I need high-productivity music. The first minute or two didn't grab me.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xander Fulton
United States
Lake Oswego
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
kuhrusty wrote:
XanderF wrote:

C'mon, now...Flashlight?

Well... my musical tastes are, uhh, "focused." I may have only heard a few things, but I've heard them a whole lot of times.

(There's no way I'm listening to all that; I have stuff to do, so I need high-productivity music. The first minute or two didn't grab me.)

It's okay, there is the 6-minute version.

Just give that a shot, in the background, while working on something else. Don't need to think about it - just let it loop!

You'll feel better for it...trust us.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Alleman
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm usually already listening to music when I'm surfing so I rarely listen or watch videos, but that's funked up. I'll really be pissed if he goes after Bootsy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.