Super Turtle
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
My shell is bigger than your apartment
badge
Speed is overrated
mbmbmbmbmb
I consider buying Vinhos too,but I am afraid it would have nothing different/new to offer compared to The Gallerist, which I own and really love. What you think? Also which does it scales good (like Gallerist) with 2 players?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Valerio
Portugal
Aveiro
flag msg tools
www.rededejogos.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
S0laris wrote:
I consider buying Vinhos too,but I am afraid it would have nothing different/new to offer compared to The Gallerist, which I own and really love. What you think? Also which does it scales good (like Gallerist) with 2 players?

Completely different games... you should also get Kanban and Co2
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Myers
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
http://playtmg.com/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I own Kanban: Automotive Revolution and The Gallerist, I have played CO₂ a couple times as 2 player but do not own it. I just received my copy of Vinhos Deluxe Edition as kickstarter reward but have not had time to play it. Watch the Rahdo Runthru of the new version Vinhos, and you can see that this game plays real good for 2 player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Meghan Naxer
United States
Kent
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vinhos was the first Lacerda game we owned and we loved it in its first-edition version as a 2-player game. We were actually in the opposite position when deciding whether or not we wanted to own The Gallerist. I got to try Gallerist at a local con during the Vinhos Kickstarter and quickly added it to my Vinhos pledge. Definitely worth having both! Both games feel like they're from the same designer, but play very differently.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Stanton
United States
Paoli
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They are different games, and excellent games, so I would get both (I actually have both).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cliff Fisher
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought it mainly because of my positive experience with The Gallerist. I saw that component and box/insert quality were going to at least equal that of The Gallerist, Lacerda was redesigning it, and the same artist was used. I got my copy last night and I'm very excited to try it out.

To me, Vinhos Deluxe and The Gallerist set the bar on what component quality should look like at this price point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob D
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Get both if you enjoy The Gallerist. They are of approximate weight, scale well from 2-4, and both have fantastic themes (depending on taste) and thematic integration. The game play is different and if you play the heavier version, you have much more to manage. However, the deluxe edition also offers a streamlined version that will be easier and, possibly, lighter than the Gallerist.

The WYG? version is excellent but the deluxe edition has a streamlined version as well as Gallerist-like component quality (my copy should be arriving today, in fact, and I already own the WYG? version).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Super Turtle
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
My shell is bigger than your apartment
badge
Speed is overrated
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for your help!! After reading the rules I think that is a very good game (maybe not great), but the components are too good to pass on them laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Govind Krishna
Japan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Haven't gotten either, but read the rules of Vinhos and Rahdo's play-through. Brilliant game. Will be getting soon.
This thread solidified my decision of getting both

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.