Star Realms» Forums » Rules

Subject: Another question about Ally Abilities rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stena
Italy
flag msg tools
Example 1:
I have Defense Center (base) in play (Trade Federation)
as a first move i play Cutter (ship) (Trade Federation)
as a second move i play Federation Shuttle (ship) (Trade Federation)
as a third move i play Trade Pod (ship) (Blob)
as a fourth move i play Explorer
as a fifth move i play Supply Bot (ship) (Machine Cult)
can i decide now (after that I played Supply Bot) to use Cutter ally ability and Federation Shuttle ally ability (and so do not use Defense Center ally ability) ?

Example 2:
as a first move i play Cutter (ship) (Trade Federation)
as a second move i play Federation Shuttle (ship) (Trade Federation)
as a third move i play out Freighter (ship) (Trade Federation)
as a fourth move i play Trade Pod (ship) (Blob)
as a fifth move i play Supply Bot (ship) (Machine Cult)
can i decide now (after that I played Supply Bot) to use Cutter ally ability and Freighter ally ability (and do not use Federation Shuttle ally ability) ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United Kingdom
Southampton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can activate the ally abilities on any card where you have played another card of that faction - there is no limit to the number of ally abilities you can activate and one card can active multiple other cards.

stenava wrote:
Example 1:
can i decide now (after that I played Supply Bot) to use Cutter ally ability and Federation Shuttle ally ability (and so do not use Defense Center ally ability) ?

You can use the ally abilities on all 3 (but you don't need to use any if you don't want to), but with those 3 then you may as well.

stenava wrote:

Example 2:

can i decide now (after that I played Supply Bot) to use Cutter ally ability and Freighter ally ability (and do not use Federation Shuttle ally ability) ?

Again you can use the ally abilities on all 3 ships whenever you want during your turn. You can buy a cheap card (hoping for a better ship to top deck) then activate the Freighter ally ability and buy the ship you just revealed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stena
Italy
flag msg tools
I can choose which ally ability activate after I played all the cards ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United Kingdom
Southampton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not quite. You can choose which ally abilities to activate after you play all the cards. The only thing that activates when you play a card is the primary ability of a ship. If you play 3 cards of the same faction which have ally abilities then you can activate all 3 ally abilities.

If you play on the app then many ally abilities are automatically activated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Heise
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure if this is part of the confusion, but each card's ally and each faction's ally abilities can be activated independently so long as you have at least one other card of that faction in play. So, for example, you don't need to activate all of your Trade Federation (blue) allys at once. If you have a Cutter and Freighter in play, you can activate the Cutter ally (+4 Authority), then buy a ship, then activate the Freighter ally (top deck next ship), buy another ship, and topdeck it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Taylor
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools

I heartily endorse all these answers.

Great job, team! Hit the showers!

Ian Taylor
Director of Organized Play
White Wizard Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stena
Italy
flag msg tools
So if I play three Trade Federation (blue) cards, I will be able to use the capabilities of the three cards and not just two You do not have to be used in pairs. It's right?
Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United Kingdom
Southampton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.