Hide
6 Posts

Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game» Forums » General

Subject: New defender build x wing please help rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben Saunders
msg tools
Hi all im new to this, im going to a small tournament and was thinking of taking this list:

Countess Ryad (36) - TIE Defender
Push The Limit (3), TIE/x7 (-2), Twin Ion Engine Mk. II (1)

Colonel Vessery (40) - TIE Defender
Ruthlessness (3), TIE/D (0), Twin Ion Engine Mk. II (1), Tractor Beam (1)

Lieutenant Colzet (24) - TIE Advanced
TIE/x1 (0), Advanced Targeting Computer (5)

I have been thinking of swapping ruthlessness with outmaneuver but i was thinking that i could move them with tractor beam plus - 1 agility then ruthlessness can be used twice per turn or get the ship in place for a second hit.

A defender with green k turns and free evades plus push the limit is awesome.

Also like the idea of mixing my tie advanced to use target lock for plus 1 hit then use it at the end to flip damge cards.

Any help would be great!

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christoffer Wahlsten
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You're right in that Ryad with PtL is awesome!

A tip would be to switch out the /D title on Vessery for the /x7 title. Attacking twice is cool, I admit and I've flown it myself, but the thing is that Vessery will melt without his evade token. /D Vessery's focus is often used to make sure the Tractor Beam hits, because it HAS TO hit or the upgrade serves no purpose, leaving him very defenseless. Seeing as your other ships are lower PS as well, the chance for concentrated fire where everyone shoots before the other ship gets a chance is non-existent. I usually pair an /x7 Vessery with Juke. Since he always has an evade it almost always trigers, as long as you approach with him fron the side.

If you have a third Defender, I'd consider changing out Colzet for just a regular Delta Defender with the /x7 title. It hits harder, is a great blocker and is much more harder to kill than Colzet.

Hope that helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Saunders
msg tools
Thanks so much for your time to help

Going by that to keep the advanced i was thinking this as i don't have a 3rd defender:

Defenders of death advanced (99)

Countess Ryad (36) - TIE Defender
Push The Limit (3), TIE/x7 (-2), Twin Ion Engine Mk. II (1)

Colonel Vessery (36) - TIE Defender
Juke (2), TIE/x7 (-2), Twin Ion Engine Mk. II (1)

Lieutenant Colzet (27) - TIE Advanced
Proton Rockets (3), TIE/x1 (0), Guidance Chips (0), Advanced Targeting Computer (5)

Or have a prototype

Defenders of death prototype (100)

Countess Ryad (35) - TIE Defender
Push The Limit (3), TIE/x7 (-2)

Glaive Squadron Pilot (34) - TIE Defender
Juke (2), TIE/x7 (-2)

The Inquisitor (31) - TIE Adv. Prototype
Push The Limit (3), TIE/v1 (1), Autothrusters (2)

What you think? Improvment?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Paul
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm - comments on updated lists

Juke is nice - but not as nice on a low skill pilot. Chances are they've been forced to use it to stay alive thus can't use it offensively.

There are two pieces of advice I always give for builds.

1. Will it be fun to fly?
2. Does it have complicated combos that I need to pull off in order to make it work?

I think these can all be fun, but the proton rocket build does depend on getting to the right place with the right tokens. So, I'd probably go with the Inquisitor for fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T W
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To Jeff's point #2: if you're going to run Colzet, consider using Fire-Control System instead of ATC... one-ship combo; you're guaranteed* to always have a TL to spend at the end of the phase.

*assuming you attack, and barring the interference of token-strippers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Spruce
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently went 4-1 in a tournament with this list

Coutess ryad, tie x7, juke, stealth device

Glaive squadron pilot, tie x7, juke, stealth device

Omega leader, juke, comm relay.

The stealth device add a lot of survivability to 2 already tanky ships. Every turn the defenders get their evade (do not under any circumstances slow down and move less than a 3 speed maneuver) and takes a focus action and then rolls a minimum of 4 dice in defense. Keep your focus for defence until its safe to use it to attack. Use the evade for defence if you need it but if not juke helps to put your damage through.

Omega leader hangs back a bit and swoops in nearer the end to help tidy up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.