Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sergii Arnaut
Netherlands
Almere
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hey fellows.

Does anybody knows if it is allowed to use the "De nieuwe bibliotheeek" in Almere Centrum as boardgaming location?

If so, then what is their closing time? Cos' boardgames till 18.30 are not fun.

https://www.denieuwebibliotheek.nl

Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joost
Netherlands
Delft
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I think they have plenty of table space, but often people are studying or working. On the other hand this library also ties to be more community/cultural minded. For instance with the cafe, computer games and films. I think talking to one of the staff beforehand might be a good idea.

opening hours: https://www.denieuwebibliotheek.nl/openingstijden
tue-fri until 20.00
weekend until 17.00

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Snoek
msg tools
mb
I am not entirely sure what it is you are looking for, but I know that there used to be a boardgame group in Almere-Buiten that had meetings in 'Brede School De Archipel'.

http://archipel.asg-almere.nl/

Last I heard is that they are still active but you would have to contact the school to get the raunchy details.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergii Arnaut
Netherlands
Almere
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Buiten is even better.

I'll try to contact them. Thank you.

While now the biggest issue is to find a location which can support such events until 22.00.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casper Veldhuijzen
Netherlands
Flevoland
flag msg tools
Hey,

can you shoot me a PM when you have made contact.

i tried to make contact with one of the guys managing the group through facebook but mabey the timing was off or something but i never got a response.

I also live in Almere buiten and once a month we invite some friends over for a boardgame evening. But mabey I can drag to the gathering aswell.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tjitte de Vries
Netherlands
Almere
flag msg tools
There's a frood who really knows where his towel is.
mbmbmbmbmb
Ik heb nu op donderdag een vaste groep die gewoon wisselend bij ons thuis houden, maar wil ook wel eens aanschuiven bij een andere groep.

Wat in Almere ook een goede optie kan zijn, is het houden van een spelavond in een buurtcentrum, vaak is de huur van zo'n zaaltje heel goedkoop en je hebt een neutrale ruimte.

Als we nou een echt spellencafe of winkel zouden hebben in Almere....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergii Arnaut
Netherlands
Almere
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Well the idea to address the buurtcentrum is really good.

I'll try to contact the Almere Buiten buurtcentrum.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tjitte de Vries
Netherlands
Almere
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, keep us informed when you get more info.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edwin Sauvé
Netherlands
flag msg tools
First of all, great to read that there are so 'many' board gamers in Almere!

Yes, I'd be interested in meeting at the @rchipel as well. Actually I live in Eilandenbuurt, so it's about 5 / 10 minutes walk for me. And even if that place is no longer used, perhaps we can set something up ourselves?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tjitte de Vries
Netherlands
Almere
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Easiest option is to start in a rotation schedule in their homes. When you have a core group, you can expand to a paid location like a buurtcentrum.

So, who wants to play a game? Maybe on a friday evening?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergii Arnaut
Netherlands
Almere
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The question is who can host?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tjitte de Vries
Netherlands
Almere
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
angel0ne wrote:
The question is who can host?

I think I could host, but I hope there are more people here who can host.

If I would be able to get a location at a buurtcentrum, how many people here are interested here? It would cost us a small fee. Like €1 per person per night, or maybe a bit more for larger groups.
I cannot find a price on their website, it all depends on the location, the type of activity and other vague stuff. The only option is to ask for a price, but for that I need to know how many people are initially interested.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Almere Buiten
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yea it's a pity that the Netherlands doesn’t really have game clubs or game cafés in every city - like they have in the USA. Where you can buy games, have a drink and where there’s a lot of tables where you can play a board game and where there’s games that you can borrow/hire.
The only one I encountered thus far (not that I have been looking around that much) was in Eindhoven. A bit far from Almere (where I just moved to).

Not sure why we don’t have such a strong gaming culture here. Is it because by far the most games aren’t translated into Dutch and people stick to Monopoly and Risk? Are shop hiring prices that high in the Netherlands? In Almere you have the Airbrush shop, I wonder how they can break even, financially, for example.
But apparently there’s not that much demand that there can be a big shop where you can buy boardgames, miniatures, scenery, paint and such and have a gaming hall as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Carcassonne
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a wonderful idea. I loooooove board games but relatives and friends only like a game every now and then.
Perhaps a neutral ground would be easiest as not everybody is able to host a group in their home. Do keep us posted here if you found any possibility to use a space to do some gaming. My preference would be Almere-Stad, but if it's going to be Buiten, well I'll get there.... Thanks for your efforts

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aiko van Wingerden
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mb
I feel like it's because the gaming culture in the Netherlands might be a tad less... Like a community? Sure, there's us, but there's so many people who play boardgames but prefer to just play in their own groups at home or at a private-ish meetup. Sure, it's fun, but it's really hard to get new people involved and into the hobby.

I feel like it's a bit of a negative spiral, emphasized by the growth of the online market (I know about 1 or 2 stores that I visited rather frequently that had to close recently). And yes, part of it is definitely because people tend to play Monopoly or Risk once or twice a year and think "Board games are boring and for kids".

I still get a lot of weird looks from my colleagues when I tell them I enjoy playing board games. And that kinda saddens me. But hey, each to their own.

I feel like we should start some sort of initiative to get some people who enjoy video games into some board games. That's how I got into this sphere

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Almere Buiten
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RedStuf wrote:
I feel like it's because the gaming culture in the Netherlands might be a tad less... Like a community? Sure, there's us, but there's so many people who play boardgames but prefer to just play in their own groups at home or at a private-ish meetup. Sure, it's fun, but it's really hard to get new people involved and into the hobby.

I feel like it's a bit of a negative spiral, emphasized by the growth of the online market (I know about 1 or 2 stores that I visited rather frequently that had to close recently). And yes, part of it is definitely because people tend to play Monopoly or Risk once or twice a year and think "Board games are boring and for kids".

I still get a lot of weird looks from my colleagues when I tell them I enjoy playing board games. And that kinda saddens me. But hey, each to their own.

I feel like we should start some sort of initiative to get some people who enjoy video games into some board games. That's how I got into this sphere

Lol yeah - although most of my collegues don't see boardgames as strange .. apparently we're not collegues! ;-)

Another thing is that there's so many different boardgames around. Even if you find some people to play with. For instance the games I play a lot lately are Mare Nostrum, Blood Rage and Arcadia Quest. Now who plays that?

So I am basically infecting my friends and relatives into playing them.

But I agree: there must be some campaign to get people into boardgames. So slowly the common game stores won't only have Risk, Monopoly and Catan but start to increase their assortiment with other, better games and more people will know and play them!! laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico Buffing
Netherlands
Almere
Flevoland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Almeriaan here with a okayish gaming table and an okayish boardgame collection. Check my collection here on bgg, I would like to play some more games, but I have a particular taste in games (I do not really like eurogames).

I think maybe Beeldverhaal in Almere-Stad, they sell some games such as magic and a very limited number of board games, can be asked about having a space to play regular board games if a personal residence is not an option. (It is also a Friday Night Magic location for example).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tjitte de Vries
Netherlands
Almere
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Infyra wrote:
Almeriaan here with a okayish gaming table and an okayish boardgame collection. Check my collection here on bgg, I would like to play some more games, but I have a particular taste in games (I do not really like eurogames).

I think maybe Beeldverhaal in Almere-Stad, they sell some games such as magic and a very limited number of board games, can be asked about having a space to play regular board games if a personal residence is not an option. (It is also a Friday Night Magic location for example).

I don't know if Beeldverhaal has space to host a boardgaming group, it would be nice if they could.

Do you know where they host FNM now? In the past they had some kind of partnership with a club in Muziekwijk.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico Buffing
Netherlands
Almere
Flevoland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aah no, I had no idea they didn't host themselves, I knew about MTG legends in Muziekwijk doing FNM but I thought Beeldverhaal did their own.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Snoek
msg tools
mb
Hello,

Haven't been watching this thread for a while but I notice there are quite a few people from Almere-Buiten that would like to meet up to play a couple of games.

I will walk over to the Archipel some time next week (I live across the street) and ask them what the possibilities are.

Will post an update as soon as I know more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.