Hide
10 Posts

Arcadia Quest» Forums » General

Subject: Hero randomizer / picker rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mabbe Labbe
msg tools
Ever wanted to randomize the picking of your Arcadia Quest heroes?
I have made a little website that does it for you.

http://mflagstad.com/character-picker/

I always felt like the random character pickers out there were kinda boring (excel sheets and what not), so I wanted to spice it up a bit. I also wanted to make something really generic and easy to change for everyone. This is why the list can be downloaded as a json file, manipulated to your liking and uploaded again to show your own list.

This can of course be used to create new lists for other board games, and that is also my plan for the future

If you have setup some lists for new games, or would like me to add some new characters to the predefined list let me know and I will try to add them into the website.

Also if you find any bugs, let me know. I have not tested it thoroughly since it has just been a fun side project.

Let me know what you think
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tadej Vengust
Slovenia
Ljubljana - Šentvid
Slovenia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
very nice

is there a possibilty to make Android app. With all the heroes to come, AQ:I, AQ: Pets, AQ: Hell of a pledge, Massmora

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mabbe Labbe
msg tools
Thanks I'm pretty sure I will try to create an app for it. But it might not be available in the near future since I'm pretty busy right now. I guess it will be a little project for me during the Christmas.

But I will add all the inferno stuff once we get them from CMON
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Alderman
United States
Shady Spring
West Virginia
flag msg tools
Trust me, I am not the Traitor.
badge
For Orcs there is no other life but WAR!
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 for App

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
César Mendes
Portugal
Santarem
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Really cool. Congrats.

I would do one change, I would put the filters for you to select what you want the randomizer to check and not the other way around.

For example, I only have the Arcadia Quest Core Game so I have to select all the others to just check the Core Game. I think it would make more sense to be the other way around.

But this is a minor thing and it makes no less of a good site.

Thanks man!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sweet! You added AQ! You're the bee's knees!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tadej Vengust
Slovenia
Ljubljana - Šentvid
Slovenia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Very nice, thank you. Many of us would be very happy. Thx again. (and in the april if it's possible Massive Darkness)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mabbe Labbe
msg tools
Balrogas wrote:
I would do one change, I would put the filters for you to select what you want the randomizer to check and not the other way around.

Yeah I can see the hassle My reason for removing stuff rater than adding is because I'm guessing that if you are so dedicated to use a randomizer the chances are you have most of the extra stuff as well.

But what if I added a checkbox to the top to check/uncheck all? I guess that would make the clicking problem go away
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mabbe Labbe
msg tools
tadej1986 wrote:
Very nice, thank you. Many of us would be very happy. Thx again. (and in the april if it's possible Massive Darkness)

I'm waiting on Massive Darkness myself, so it will most certainly show up there in April

My plan is to add a lot more games and I'm currently working on a Descent and The Others list.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
César Mendes
Portugal
Santarem
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mabluz wrote:
Balrogas wrote:

Yeah I can see the hassle My reason for removing stuff rater than adding is because I'm guessing that if you are so dedicated to use a randomizer the chances are you have most of the extra stuff as well.

But what if I added a checkbox to the top to check/uncheck all? I guess that would make the clicking problem go away

That would be great and a simple solution. Has I said it is great, just suggested it because from my experience it looks more intuitive but adding the checkbox I think would solve it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.