9 Posts

Level 7 [Omega Protocol]» Forums » General

Subject: Missing cardboard 10/10 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
colossos colossos
msg tools
Hi guys,

I bought Omega Protocol last week and yesterday when punching out all the pieces I noticed that cardboard 10/10 is missing. I already submitted it to Privateer Press and hope they'll send me one (all the way to Belgium...).

Anyway what is on this cardboard 10? I tried to play mission one but I'm missing Frenzy and Surprise Attack abilities so I suppose those were on cardboard number 10.

Can I print them out somewhere so at least I can play?

Was really looking forward, paid quite a bit and now disappointed...

Thanks in advance,
Colossos

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Scheele
Germany
Wittorf
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have a look here:

https://boardgamegeek.com/image/1790490/level-7-omega-protoc...

I was missing sheet 1/10 in my copy and contacted the publisher. not a week later i got the missing stuff via mail, that was very quick. i hope you get the same treatment

I used thse for the time being:

https://boardgamegeek.com/image/1997002/level-7-omega-protoc...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
colossos colossos
msg tools
Thank you very much for the fast and helpful reply. Hope to get my missing piece quickly.

Greetings from Belgium
Colossos

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a pretty good scan in the TileSet at Level 7 [Omega Protocol] TileSet for TileSystem application. Download and extract, iirc it's just a PNG.

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
colossos colossos
msg tools
shnar wrote:
There's a pretty good scan in the TileSet at Level 7 [Omega Protocol] TileSet for TileSystem application. Download and extract, iirc it's just a PNG.

-shnar

Thank you.

It's because of your review and input on these forums (and the dice tower review) that I picked up this game. I grew up with UFO: Enemy Unknown and X:COM Terror from the Deep and I still consider those the best video games ever made and this brings abit of that atmosphere to the dinner table.

First two games (mission 1)were yesterday and I played overseer against my wife (3 commando's). I'm an idiot and completely ran her over and now so dislikes the game...
Thank you to all the guys who said this game was unbalanced which made me play hard on her... Grrrrr. I love the game and will convince her to play again. I'll have to go easy and maybe streamline some of the modifiers used. She hated all the "add one die if.... and remove one die if..." which I can imagine to be abit difficult the first few runs.

I'll maybe play commando's to show her what the basic strategy is and that it is actually very doable for the commando's.

Anyway, thanks shnar for supporting this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Heh, I'm one of the few that thinks the game is pretty balanced, and for new players, is probably less forgiving for the overseer. And I still contend this is by far the most interesting "overlord" game to play of all the semi-cooperative games out there. The choices definitely matter.

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Scheele
Germany
Wittorf
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've only played the first two missions so far and by my and my gamegroups opinion is that the Marines really have to get their stuff together because the Overseer can deal a WHOOPIN'

I really need to play this again.

Also yeah i see your grief with the detail rules. there are many little things. There is even a thread in this forum about the little things you missed during your first few plays. have a look there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
colossos colossos
msg tools
Just received the missing cardboard from Privateer Press so cheers to them.

And ofcourse I had to play again with the wife now that the game is complete. I played the commando's and she the overlord or whatever.

Rifleman
Team Leader
Heavy Support

I lost mission 1 again :-(. I got to the office and downloaded the data but there were so many aliens swarming me and my commando's got killed the next turn. I can't believe it after reading how easy it is in the forums for the commando's. She did get lucky with her dice but still. For example she performed 2 cave ins on separate turns and destroyed my sentry drone each time. That sentry is weak! By the end of the game she has so many vents, entry points and aliens...

Oh well I had fun till about 1.5 hours in the game and then it became abit of a drag. It just takes too long. That's mostly due to me because I have to control 3 commando's and keep track of all the modifiers and want to think everything through but I'd like the game to be abit faster paced. Also setup takes quite a while. This is not a game you get out in the evening and have a quick play. More of a rainy sunday afternoon type of game.

My wife likes Claustrophobia more since it is quicker, easier, has a more fantasy theme but still offers a challenge in strategy.

I watched a couple of reviews on "Raptor" and that seems also like a fun quick 2-player game with a lower price tag so I might pick that one up this week.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark L
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would not say that L7OP works well with 2 players as one player will have to control multiple commandos, which can be a drag as there is a need to take note of all the different Kit abilities, change stances every turn etc. If you do most of your gaming 2p and want a dungeon crawler, Claustrophobia indeed sounds like a better choice. You could also try Imperial Assault's Skirmish mode.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.