Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
david brawley
United States
virginia beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Okay follow gamers. I need some help understanding sec 10.3 para 10.31. The section makes me think that it would be advantageous to spend no BRP at all in the winter turn just so you can more growth for the YSS total. Along with this the BRP spending is a questionable area to me. Is it per season or year. I have been boucning this rule area for awhile. Any clearly or thoughts would be great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oh my God They Banned Kenny
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
You get an allotment of BRP during the YSS that is used for the entire year. You calculate a spending limit per turn, which is basically half of your BRPs.

So let's say you start the year with 300 BRPs. You won't get another 300 BRPs until the next YSS (i.e. after 4 turns have been completed). You can spend up to 150 in one turn, however, if you were to spend 150 on each of the first two turns, you would be left with zero for the third and fourth turns (generally very bad). Let's say you spent 50 BRPs each turn, that would total 200 BRPs spent over the 4 turns. Now you have 100 BRPs left at the end, so you would multiply that by your "growth rate". Let's say your growth is 50%. So you take that 100 BRPs and multiply by 50% to get 50 BRPs. Now your new BRP base is 350, meaning that not only do you get 350 BRPs at the current YSS, but for all future YSS as well. The exception is the 1940 YSS, as there are only two game turns in 1939 the leftover from 1939 is only applied to the 1940 YSS and does not carry forward to subsequent YSS.

Hope that helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
david brawley
United States
virginia beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks a lot. That explanation really spells the rule out better and easier to understand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.