Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert V
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently discovered this game and was super happy to see that I had the print-and-play version in one of my Humble Bundle purchases. I printed it out and laminated the maps and I'm hoping to play this weekend, but I noticed that the rules for the PNP version are different from the new ultimate edition. Mainly the rules about silent sectors.

The PNP rules say that you don't say anything when you land on a silent sector, but the ultimate rules say that you need to declare, "silent sector." For those of you that have played before, which do you think I should use? I'm leaning towards the ultimate rules for this case.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Steynen
Belgium
Wilrijk
Antwerpen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unless I'm missing something, they are functionally the same. Other players will get the same information whether you say nothing or silent sector.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert V
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is true. If they see that I'm not drawing a card, they know that I'm on a silent sector.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Pressler
United States
West Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
OMG! Overtext! How long have I been sleeping?! OVERTEXT! Also, I'm a DESIGNER now?! Sweet! OVERTEXXXXXXT!
badge
HO HO HO! Give me some money!
mbmbmbmbmb
I prefer a third option of holding a finger to my lips, looking around all shifty-eyed, and ssshhhhhhhhhh. ninja

(If I'm an Alien, then the finger need not be my own.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.