$30.00
Recommend
4 
 Thumb up
 Hide
16 Posts

Clank!: A Deck-Building Adventure» Forums » Rules

Subject: Market Items Limit? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kyran Lune
msg tools
Not sure if I missed this rule in the rulebook or not, but is there a limit to how may items from the market you can hold? Only 1 at all? Only 1 of each type? As many as you want?

If you can hold multiple do their effects stack? Like if I can have 2 backpacks, can I therefor have 3 artifacts?

Also, is there a limit to how many can be purchased in a single turn?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Dennen
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
You can buy as many market items as you want, and there's no limit to how many you can buy in a single turn.

The effects stack, so if you buy both backpacks, you can pick up 3 artifacts.
9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erskine Thompson
United States
Rome
GA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Merakon wrote:
You can buy as many market items as you want, and there's no limit to how many you can buy in a single turn.

The effects stack, so if you buy both backpacks, you can pick up 3 artifacts.


However, if you attempt to pick up three artifacts, you will likely die before escaping the dungeon, as your opponent(s) will see this, make a beeline for the nearest artifact, and get out just to thwart you.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HelloIm Mazmo
msg tools
So I could buy the 2 keys to prevent my opponents to buy one ? This is rude !
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ruf
United States
Acworth
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
razhimkar wrote:
So I could buy the 2 keys to prevent my opponents to buy one ? This is rude !


Yes. Yes it is. devil
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Sanders
United States
Henderson
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
DNA results:Scottish, Dutch, English, Irish, German, French, Iberian Peninsula = 100% American!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
razhimkar wrote:
So I could buy the 2 keys to prevent my opponents to buy one ? This is rude !


Ouch, you just spent 10 14 gold (points!).

SThanks for correction!S

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ruf
United States
Acworth
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
caltexn wrote:
razhimkar wrote:
So I could buy the 2 keys to prevent my opponents to buy one ? This is rude !


Ouch, you just spent 10 gold (points!).


14 gold to get 10pts total actually.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michelle DiGiacinto

Ohio
msg tools
Only played once...still need a little clarification.

I understand that I can buy more than 1 Market item in a turn. But can I buy more than 1 Market item in the same space, or do I need to travel to a second Market space to buy a second item in the same turn?

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hendee
United States
Frisco
Texas
flag msg tools
I do not think it means what you think it means.
badge
Whenever you become anxious or stressed, outer purpose has taken over, and you have lost sight of your inner purpose. Your state of consciousness is primary. All else is secondary.
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
ChelleDG wrote:
Only played once...still need a little clarification.

I understand that I can buy more than 1 Market item in a turn. But can I buy more than 1 Market item in the same space, or do I need to travel to a second Market space to buy a second item in the same turn?



I have played that you can buy all you can afford from one space. But the rules don't support this.
"If you are in a Market room, you may make a purchase."

"A purchase" suggests you can only buy one item and would need to move before buying something else. Maybe multiple items could be considered "a purchase."
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Squidget
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
PeterHendee wrote:
ChelleDG wrote:
Only played once...still need a little clarification.

I understand that I can buy more than 1 Market item in a turn. But can I buy more than 1 Market item in the same space, or do I need to travel to a second Market space to buy a second item in the same turn?



I have played that you can buy all you can afford from one space. But the rules don't support this.
"If you are in a Market room, you may make a purchase."

"A purchase" suggests you can only buy one item and would need to move before buying something else. Maybe multiple items could be considered "a purchase."


Answered elsewhere, but purchase is like the other actions: you can perform it as as many times as you have resources.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Burton

Michigan
msg tools
I would think crowns would be an exception to the multiple items available. The line in the rules stating "Each player takes the most valuable..." seems to indicate that you could not buy the 10 and 9 point crowns.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Moore
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
I think it is just clarifying that first buy gets the highest value, next buy gets the next highest value.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Hudoba
United States
Bloomington
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
lorddog wrote:
I think it is just clarifying that first buy gets the highest value, next buy gets the next highest value.

Honestly, why WOULDN'T you buy the highest-value crown available to get the most bang for your buck? Seems odd they felt the need to specify that. But, being able to buy two at once would be overpowered.

Regarding the initial post, though, my interpretation has been that you get one buy per visit. If you want to make another purchase, you can move off the market and move back on, or visit a different one later.

This is the same sort of logic applied as to why you can't take both Minor Item tokens when you land on the appropriate spot (if two still happen to be there); the rules are specific in that particular case.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Taylor
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
West Midlands
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
chindent wrote:
Regarding the initial post, though, my interpretation has been that you get one buy per visit. If you want to make another purchase, you can move off the market and move back on, or visit a different one later.


At the top of the page where the actions are listed the rules clearly say that "You may take each action as many times as you like, as long as you have the resources to do so".

Then the Market Action says that you just have to be in a market to make a purchase. Nothing about moving off and back on.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hendee
United States
Frisco
Texas
flag msg tools
I do not think it means what you think it means.
badge
Whenever you become anxious or stressed, outer purpose has taken over, and you have lost sight of your inner purpose. Your state of consciousness is primary. All else is secondary.
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
chindent wrote:
Honestly, why WOULDN'T you buy the highest-value crown available to get the most bang for your buck? Seems odd they felt the need to specify that. But, being able to buy two at once would be overpowered.


Spending 14 points (14 gold) to buy 19 points (a 10 point crown and a 9 point crown) only nets you 5 points. Hardly overpowered.

Spending 7 of those points for a 5 point backpack or a 5 point key could net you a bigger gain if you have a productive way to use one of them.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Hudoba
United States
Bloomington
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
At the top of the page where the actions are listed the rules clearly say that "You may take each action as many times as you like, as long as you have the resources to do so".

Then the Market Action says that you just have to be in a market to make a purchase. Nothing about moving off and back on.

That's what happens when I reply without consulting the rulebook first.

Quote:
Spending 14 points (14 gold) to buy 19 points (a 10 point crown and a 9 point crown) only nets you 5 points. Hardly overpowered.

Spending 7 of those points for a 5 point backpack or a 5 point key could net you a bigger gain if you have a productive way to use one of them.

Yeah, as I thought about this further I realized it really isn't all that crazy. It's not always easy to amass a lot of gold, but you should be able to reap the benefits if you do--not to mention your purchase power shouldn't be penalized on boards where the Markets are more spread out.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.