Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

Conan» Forums » Rules

Subject: Is moving off the board (where allowed) considered moving to an "adjacent space"? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Many scenarios allow the heroes to move off the board by spending 1 movement point, just like moving into a normal space. Are such off-board pseudo-spaces considered "adjacent"?

In other words: is it legal to use Teleport (or break through a wooden wall) to move off the board?

Case in point: Hadrathus picks up the Princess in the first scenario ("In the Clutches of the Picts"), but she's so heavy that he loses all of his movement points. He can, however, Teleport with ease. Once he gets to the edge of the board with the Princess, however, it's not clear whether he can actually leave the board with her. He can't walk off with her because she's too heavy for him, and standing around waiting at the edge is deadly because there are Overlord Reinforcement Points there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Budala Budala
France
flag msg tools
mb
The Princess has a weight of 6.
At 5 Hadratus lose his spellcaster skill and can no more Teleport with the Princess
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Budala wrote:
The Princess has a weight of 6.
At 5 Hadratus lose his spellcaster skill and can no more Teleport with the Princess

Good catch! i missed the part about him losing that particular ability!

Nonetheless: the original question still stands.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig K
msg tools
Yes you have to use a point of movement to leave the board, Can't remember where but I believe its in the french rulebook but not the English one (like quite a few rules it seems). However it's only you r free movement points that are lost due to encumbrance. You could still spend stamina gems to move Hadrathus.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ForeverDead wrote:
Yes you have to use a point of movement to leave the board, Can't remember where but I believe its in the french rulebook but not the English one (like quite a few rules it seems).

Yes, but could Hadrathus teleport off the board?

ForeverDead wrote:
However it's only you r free movement points that are lost due to encumbrance. You could still spend stamina gems to move Hadrathus.

There is one use case where walking and teleporting off the board are distinctly different: there were enemies in the space at the edge of the board blocking him, so he couldn't walk out (not enough Stamina to spend on movement). With teleportation he could have bypassed them freely, but (as another user pointed out after i mis-played it), he loses the ability to teleport when carrying too much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
francois Tayar
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I would say : Yes, he can. French rule writing is to be taken at the very first degree, and if you do so, you come to the logical conclusion that it is possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Monsieur F wrote:
I would say : Yes, he can.

:-D. That means Hadrathus can escape the map with Sag's head even if the edge is blocked by the O'Lord.

Monsieur F wrote:
French rule writing is to be taken at the very first degree, and if you do so, you come to the logical conclusion that it is possible

Only if you can read it (which i can't - i only speak EN/DE).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig K
msg tools
I don't have my set yet so a question, does Teleportation require to to target a zone? If so would you count the off board as a zone? Just curious because I know this is going to come up in our first game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ForeverDead wrote:
I don't have my set yet so a question, does Teleportation require to to target a zone?

Depends on the reader's interpretation: "For each gem assigned, move your model to an adjacent space."

So "target" is implied in that it must be an "adjacent space". Note that "adjacent" does not necessarily mean "connected" or "traversable by foot" - two spaces separated by a hut wall are still "adjacent".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.