Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ho the forum!

For those who will not be painting their minis, here's a picture of one useful storage solution:

i was hoping not to need that second large box (on the right), but... yeah, i do :/. It will, however, hold not only minis, but also all the cards, dice, bases, and the tiles for the Book of Skelos. It "should" hold the minis from the expansions, once they arrive, but whether or not that will work out remains to be seen.

The box on amazon:

https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B00I3J2C2E?tag=article-geek...

The important property is that the box is 8cm deep. That is the perfect size for holding mini-sized cards (standing up) and normal-sized cards (turned sideways). i use this same box model to store all of my Eldritch Horror big-sized cards, and another one to store a whole set of mini-sized cards for Talisman (including all expansions - well over 1500 cards). i use yet another one of these to store all my Zombicide zombies (including all expansions).

These are fantastic all-around storage boxes for larger games, but are too deep to comfortably use for most types of tokens, so i can't recommend them for that purpose.

PS: i am in no way associated with this box's manufacturer, i just love these boxes because they've served my games so well the past 2 years or so.

PS2: even the bulky Thaug fits in there, with barely a small fraction of a millimeter to spare.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Di Ponio
United States
Lake Orion
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice find Stephan. i am trying to decide if I am going to fully paint the minis or just give them a wash.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salvador Bernadó
Spain
Gavà
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
JohnnyD wrote:
Nice find Stephan. i am trying to decide if I am going to fully paint the minis or just give them a wash.

I'm sure most of the characters of the game wouldn't agree with a wash. gulp
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
JohnnyD wrote:

Army Painter Barbarian Flesh color primer, then AP Flesh Wash.
http://www.talkwargaming.com/2015/09/tutorial-how-to-paint-k...

Thanks for the picts, Stephan! Time to get another can of primer!
https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipPJPaOQ2jawnyLbI81hRLLt...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Nordwall
msg tools
I ended up going with three of

http://www.harborfreight.com/tool-storage/part-storage/abs-s...

and two of

http://www.harborfreight.com/tool-storage/part-storage/multi...

not expensive, and pretty modular. The big masses of minis end up in the former - skeletons, pirates, etc. the big thaug made it in there as well. Not sure I'm 100% happy with it but might be due to lack of labelling right now

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
raleel wrote:

and two of

not expensive, and pretty modular. The big masses of minis end up in the former - skeletons, pirates, etc. the big thaug made it in there as well. Not sure I'm 100% happy with it but might be due to lack of labelling right now

Very nice . What i do for labeling is, in Conan's case, simply put the tiles in with the minis (i find this to be overall easier than having to sort through both minis and tiles). In other games (without tiles) i take an old business card, trim it to fit the height of the box, write a label on the top edge of it, and slide it in with the minis.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Nordwall
msg tools
sgbeal wrote:
raleel wrote:

and two of

Very nice . What i do for labeling is, in Conan's case, simply put the tiles in with the minis (i find this to be overall easier than having to sort through both minis and tiles). In other games (without tiles) i take an old business card, trim it to fit the height of the box, write a label on the top edge of it, and slide it in with the minis.

Yep, already have the cards in them. Not as nice on the second one, because it's hard to see the tops. I'll probably put on some print and stick labels with the names of what is inside. Most of those are single minis - heroes, villains, etc. the boxes of 5 have the card, but only one type, so that shouldn't be hard.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thom En
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hallo!

I use the same approach like Stephan Beal and it works fine!
But I bought my smaller box at Action and the bigger one at Aldi (for about 5€ each)

So you do not have to buy everything for high prices at Amazon!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Grable
United States
Charlestown
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My storage solution was easy. I do not paint my board game miniatures so all of the conan plastic inserts and boxes went into the trash and all of the miniatures whent into two large plastic bags. One for heros, one for monsters. Threw those bags into the big box. The miniatures are minimally flexible firm plastic, wont hurt them one bit and saves a ton of space. Done.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pirateclem wrote:
My storage solution was easy. I do not paint my board game miniatures so all of the conan plastic inserts and boxes went into the trash and all of the miniatures whent into two large plastic bags. One for heros, one for monsters. Threw those bags into the big box. The miniatures are minimally flexible firm plastic, wont hurt them one bit and saves a ton of space. Done.

Done, yes, but you'll practically never be done sorting through them during setup!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ingo Griebsch
Germany
Bochum
North Rhine-Westphalia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
@Stephan: Can you please tell us if the two big boxes from Amazon are all you need to store all the components? And it would be nice to know if the boxes are fitting into the game boxes?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
d0gb0t wrote:
@Stephan: Can you please tell us if the two big boxes from Amazon are all you need to store all the components? And it would be nice to know if the boxes are fitting into the game boxes?

These two fit all the all-in KS minis which arrived in Wave 1, including ALL add-ons, except i'll note that i store the Furniture Set in its own smaller box (because that box just happens to work so well for it - the furniture could also be made to fit in one of these bigger ones).

They will very likely not suffice once the Wave 2 bits arrive. i suspect that only one more box will be needed for the pending KS bits, but that's speculation (it might be 2). In any case, i've now got a stack of 5 of these (empty) ready to use for Conan and a couple other minis-heavy KS projects which are due to arrive in the next 6 months (that's "six months KS time", so... whenever).

My original Conan boxes from the game are empty: i don't use them to store any game components. My Conan shelfie is the bottom shelf here:

The top 2 shelves are Zombicide (but the top one is just empty boxes and unopened extra tile sets). Note that the same storage box is used to store all of the Zombicide minis on the middle shelf. i use the same box for storing a complete Talisman set of cards (including all expansions: roughly 2000 cards) and yet another one to store a complete set of Eldritch Horror "large sized" cards (the mini cards use a different box). My point is: these boxes can be used for storing all sorts of gaming stuff, and i get tons of reuse out of them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ingo Griebsch
Germany
Bochum
North Rhine-Westphalia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sgbeal wrote:
d0gb0t wrote:

These two fit all the all-in KS minis which arrived in Wave 1, including ALL add-ons, except i'll note that i store the Furniture Set in its own smaller box (because that box just happens to work so well for it - the furniture could also be made to fit in one of these bigger ones).

They will very likely not suffice once the Wave 2 bits arrive. i suspect that only one more box will be needed for the pending KS bits, but that's speculation (it might be 2). In any case, i've now got a stack of 5 of these (empty) ready to use for Conan and a couple other minis-heavy KS projects which are due to arrive in the next 6 months (that's "six months KS time", so... whenever).

My original Conan boxes from the game are empty: i don't use them to store any game components. My Conan shelfie is the bottom shelf here:

The top 2 shelves are Zombicide (but the top one is just empty boxes and unopened extra tile sets). Note that the same storage box is used to store all of the Zombicide minis on the middle shelf. i use the same box for storing a complete Talisman set of cards (including all expansions: roughly 2000 cards) and yet another one to store a complete set of Eldritch Horror "large sized" cards (the mini cards use a different box). My point is: these boxes can be used for storing all sorts of gaming stuff, and i get tons of reuse out of them.

Many thanks, Stephan.

Can you tell us if the box from Amazon will fit into the game box in a way that I can still store the things inside which are not fitting into the box from Amazon?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
d0gb0t wrote:
Can you tell us if the box from Amazon will fit into the game box in a way that I can still store the things inside which are not fitting into the box from Amazon?

The Amazon box is larger than the Conan boxes by a couple of cm in all dimensions - it won't fit inside.

If you're determined to use the core game box(es), i would recommend using it/them for the boards, OL workstation, character cards, tokens, maps... basically, everything except the Minis and OL Tiles (which go in the Amazon box: in my experience, storing the Tiles and Minis together it makes finding both of them easier).

About the tokens: in the picture above you may notice two smaller boxes on top of the big black boxes. The smallest one holds my Furniture Set and the middle-sized one holds all of the cardboard tokens, including the "small" tokens for the OL River (the numbers 1-8, Defense, etc.). The larger tiles for the OL River (the Gem/Fatigue Zones and Gem Recovery piece) are in one of the Amazon Boxes. The Furniture Set would likely fit in one of the Amazon boxes, but this little box holds it perfectly, so that's where i put it. Most of the assembled/glued-together Doors from the Doors add-on don't fit in there, though, and are in one of the Amazon Boxes.

i store the character cards in that little white box which is covered with brown tape (it's an ugly homemade box sized to fit those cards). The little brown box next to the two smaller blue/black token boxes is a homemade box for the fatigue/health gems: see thread 1653737 for details and close-up pics.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Wraith
msg tools
I managed to store everything in the original box:

Figures are stored in the two trays + carton like they came in. Boards are placed at lowest layer, the clearing on the side is filled up with enemy tile cards until level, then placing the miniature box on it, with the two clear plastic trays for the bigger enemy miniatures and cards/dice. All tokens can be put in a small bag (I've used the Conan dice bag that came in the other King's Pledge box) and these along with some other stuff can be placed underneath the dice/cards tray. All the rest: manuals, book of Skelos, remaining tiles etc can be filled up evenly above it and voila everything is neatly in its original box!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Pluschau
United States
New York
flag msg tools
do you have an english product description or a link to the US Amazon store for that product?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rcpluto wrote:
do you have an english product description or a link to the US Amazon store for that product?

Nope - i live in Germany and don't use the US amazon. As a rule, though, you can copy that product ID and paste it into Amazon's SEARCH field and you'll find it if it's available in your region. If not, then...

The important thing is not that exact box, but that the box in question is 8cm deep.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Nordwall
msg tools
Rcpluto wrote:

His particular model is not available on us Amazon. Harbor freight had a number of wonderful options and I ended up getting several from them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.