Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Craig C
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If my opponent finishes his move overlapping an asteroid, his ISD is dealt a face-up damage card, but if Dodonna's commanding the Rebel fleet, he gets to choose which one, right?

"Before an enemy ship is dealt a faceup damage card, look at the top 4 cards of the damage deck, place 1 on top of the deck and discard the others."

This may have already been discussed, or perhaps I'm the only one to whom this just occurred, but it gives me a new respect for the old man. He was powerful enough when Rebel ships and squadrons could bomb Imperials and he got to choose the critical result, but now...well, if he tells me to keep half my group out of range for the next run, I'm listening.

Unless this has been FAQd somewhere and I missed it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christo Lockxxx
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
I was just thinking of another use for Dodonna.

Medical Team: Before you are dealt a faceup card with the CREW trait, you may discard this card to discard that damage card.

Would this mean that as a one shot bonus Dodonna could potentially (if there is a CREW trait damage card in the four you draw) void any damage from that critical? Not stellar synergy but that on top of the obvious benefit that Dodonna brings to the table may make him better than I originally considered.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig C
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It would, if his ability applied to friendly ships, too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Maturin
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
You're absolutely right, Dodonna does work with asteroids.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christo Lockxxx
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
Sigh. You are correct. I thought it was a little too obvious.shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Kinkley
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You are correct, Dodonna can be quite the nasty (or cunning, if you are Rebel Scum) admiral - especially for only 20 points.

The trick is getting/forcing your opponent's fleet into overlapping the asteroids ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex G
Canada
flag msg tools
Worst case scenario - ISD overlaps an asteroid while getting into position to engage and Dodonna hands him "Projector misaligned". Bye bye front shields.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig C
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've had that exact thing happen actually. Four shields to none right before the shooting starts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.