$35.00
Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
50 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

A Feast for Odin» Forums » General

Subject: Before you buy from Asmodee at Essen Spiel, look at Feuerland, save €40! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Derek M
United States
APO
AE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I quickly grabbed the game from Asmodee's booth this morning at a staggering €100. However, I walked 10m to the Feuerland booth next to Asmodee and saw the game for €60! And Uwe was signing boxes! Luckily, I have a stern wife and she got me a refund so I could save money and get a signed copy.

Note: this was for the English copies, but I think German was the same price.

Also, I have no affiliation with either company, I just like Uwe games!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank J
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hope the guy I buy stuff from gets a few copies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Rasmusson
Sweden
Malmö
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheLegoPirate wrote:
I quickly grabbed the game from Asmodee's booth this morning at a staggering €100. However, I walked 10m to the Feuerland booth next to Asmodee and saw the game for €60! And Uwe was signing boxes! Luckily, I have a stern wife and she got me a refund so I could save money and get a signed copy.

That is 40% off, or another way to look at it, 66% more expensive than what Feuerland charges! Huge difference.

My local gaming store has the game in stock already, and here it cost roughly €85, which is OK, but on the limit for what you get. €100 is too much, its mostly punchboards!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek M
United States
APO
AE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Haze1975 wrote:
TheLegoPirate wrote:

That is 40% off, or another way to look at it, 66% more expensive than what Feuerland charges! Huge difference.

My local gaming store has the game in stock already, and here it cost roughly €85, which is OK, but on the limit for what you get. €100 is too much, its mostly punchboards!

Yes, I think what we're seeing here is Asmodee's control of the market. This is the rationalization of the fears of them buying up other publishers. I mean, Z-Man isn't even selling games at their booth at all this year. To me, this is a warning sign that things may get much worse.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
André Heines
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When I picked up my preorder at Feuerland, there was a sign, that the english version is sold out. Sorry guys. Please don't shoot the messenger!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony King
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmb
I talked to the guy at the booth and they said they only got 100 English copies, they weren't actually planning to get any- Z-man was supposed to, but ended up not selling anything. They were sold out by 11:30am. Due to lack of parking I didn't get in until 12:30

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek M
United States
APO
AE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Epsilon748 wrote:
I talked to the guy at the booth and they said they only got 100 English copies, they weren't actually planning to get any- Z-man was supposed to, but ended up not selling anything. They were sold out by 11:30am. Due to lack of parking I didn't get in until 12:30
The parking situation was pretty terrible yesterday! Worst in years!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian B.
Denmark
Frederiksberg C
flag msg tools
I don't design games, I play them!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Woah, seriously?! They must think the customers are stupid. 100 vs. 60, ouch... And the price of preorders for every single online shop I've come across is still (often much) less than 100.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Guijt
Netherlands
Rijnsburg
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought my Dutch version for € 51,40 whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Surya Van Lierde is pure Eurosnoot and proud of it!
Belgium
Michelbeke
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is how bad Asmodee buying every company is for us: they charge a €40 supplement for a game they bought at the same price from the same printer as an other company. It's shameful and there's no excuses for charging this amount. I for one will not be paying that to a shitty company like Asmodee. F you guys.

Plea to Feuerland: next time produce the EN copies yourselves and have it distributed in the US and UK by a third party. That way you control pricing and geeks can pay a fair price.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freek Holvoet
Belgium
flag msg tools
Joker2 wrote:

Were did you get the Dutch versio? Also Feuerland?

Hope they still have one tommorow when I arrive...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek M
United States
APO
AE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Asmodee has the English version for €60 today! Maybe they saw this thread?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
oeil danslabouche
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Asmodée is evil, don't give any money to them !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikko Saari
Finland
flag msg tools
http://www.lautapeliopas.fi/ - the best Finnish board game resource!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A bit hard to get an English edition A Feast for Odin without giving money to Asmodee, considering it is published by an Asmodee company...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christina Crouch
United Kingdom
Tadley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Asmodee now have Feast for Odin for EUR60 - I just picked it up at that price in their stall.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian B.
Denmark
Frederiksberg C
flag msg tools
I don't design games, I play them!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheLegoPirate wrote:
Asmodee has the English version for €60 today! Maybe they saw this thread?

Thanks for sharing - my friend just bought a copy for this much more reasonable price!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony King
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmb
malibu_babe_28 wrote:
Asmodee now have Feast for Odin for EUR60 - I just picked it up at that price in their stall.

Can confirm, was in there just poking around and saw them stacking up copies today. Grabbed one and was super pleased. This game + The Colonists are 13.6lbs of my checked bag weight limit (Down to 9.6lb after punch and bag!).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephane Josephy
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, saw that it was 60€ in FR today. Terrible mistake here, but nothing more (except for the poor guys who shelled out 100€ yesterday).
The lady at the booth said that they could check with Asmodee for a refund of the difference... But good luck proving they really bought it thursday...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek M
United States
APO
AE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nounet wrote:
Yes, saw that it was 60€ in FR today. Terrible mistake here, but nothing more (except for the poor guys who shelled out 100€ yesterday).
The lady at the booth said that they could check with Asmodee for a refund of the difference... But good luck proving they really bought it thursday...
Asmodee actually gave out receipts this year, so it should be fairly easy to get money back. However, I don't know how many people would even know there was a price difference.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Guijt
Netherlands
Rijnsburg
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
freekh wrote:
Joker2 wrote:

Were did you get the Dutch versio? Also Feuerland?

Hope they still have one tommorow when I arrive...

At 'Adriaensen Speciaalzaak Gezelschapsspellen' (hal 4)
Just played the game yesterday and it's really a great game again kiss

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Pritlove
msg tools
mb
Asmodee had 2 shops set up. One in hall 1 across from the Blood Rage demo area and it was being sold there for 100 euros. Later I found the Asmodee shop in Hall 3 and they were selling it for 60 euros. I got it for 60 (This was Friday afternoon) It was still a 100 euros in Hall 1

It doesn't sound like Asmodee have a clue what they are doing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christina Crouch
United Kingdom
Tadley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I heard a rumour at the halls that Uwe had a little chat with Asmodee about the pricing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Yeung

Paradise Valley
Arizona
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
They now make it equal - that's good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Surya Van Lierde is pure Eurosnoot and proud of it!
Belgium
Michelbeke
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
malibu_babe_28 wrote:
I heard a rumour at the halls that Uwe had a little chat with Asmodee about the pricing.

I wouldn't be surprised. It impacts sales and hurts Uwe... and gamers. Neither of which Uwe wants
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Case
England
Epsom
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
https://www.facebook.com/amuse.ment.92
badge
mbmbmbmb
I encountered this situation on Thursday. I already had my Feuerland Spiel copy for €60 but had expected the game to be more expensive. When I saw Asmodee stacking the shelves with AFfO I asked how much and the guy said '€100'. When I pulled a face and told him that Feuerland had it for €40 less, he just shrugged and grinned a wide, smug smile.

Asmodee knew that they were profiteering. Shame on them. If the story about Uwe is true, good for him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.