Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sean Kahlich
United States
Broken Arrow
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm calling this project "The Cantina" because I converted it with X-Wing in Mind.

Once upon a time, we covered this table in some very cheap black felt. Then it was forgotten in a basement for years. This is how it started:

Since this table is 50" across and a Star Wars playmat is only 36" across, I figured I had some space to work with for a new design. So, I stripped off the old finish and glue (from the cheap felt) and began to measure out my workable space:

I decided to go with a dice tray and cupholder in each corner. That way, no matter where your ships are in a game of X-Wing, you can roll right where the action is. So, using a router and a 3" hole saw I got to work on the corners:

After ALL cutting had been finished, I used a tack cloth to remove the dust, and then began to paint the entire table black using a can of Valspar Project Perfect paint. I also finished out the dice trays using velveteen, spray adhesive, and political campaign yard signs to create a smooth, flat surface around which to wrap the velveteen:

And here is The Cantina table set up for a basic game of X-Wing:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jiri "Sleepy"
Czech Republic
Frydek Mistek
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Simple design, effective and nicely redone. I really like it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Kahlich
United States
Broken Arrow
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Morehouse
United States
Redlands
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I really like the built in dice trays, especially for miniatures gaming. Very nice work! Elegant and functional.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Woody Taylor
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great job! I love the dice trays and cup holders. And the contrast of the red on the black is perfect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.