Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Ditchburn
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just played a quick game tonight with only 2 players. I can see how this game could be a lot of fun, but it seems to be that you'd really want as many people playing as possible (which is 5). The box says 2-5 players but the bidding system just doesn't feel right with only two people, especially since the top two bidders are both rewarded and the spyglass seems to give too much power. We're going to try it again tomorrow with 3-4 people and hopefully it will go better. After first reading the rules last night I was really interested in seeing how well everything with work in practice.

There are some very interesting things in the game, but it felt like none of them were really being exploited properly with only two players. I can imagine that even with just one more person it would become MUCH more interesting/fun.

Again this is after only one session. I'll try and give a much more detailed review after we play it a few more times over the next couple of days with more players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Ditchburn
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:Played first game
skudfisher (#24276),
Just a quick follow up. I tried the game with 4 players the next day and things were a lot more fun. The game lasted quite a bit longer but we were all laughing and having a good time trying to bribe the Lookout for tie-breakers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Robben
United States
Spring Hill
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:Played first game
skudfisher (#24377),

I think the game HAS to have at least 3-5 players...that they even list 2 players as an option is somewhat misleading, as it sucks with 2.
Whats the fun of back-n-forth bidding..?

The game playes well enough with 3-5; not the best, but fun especially with the theme involved.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.