Popular Tags: [View All]
Kristo Vaher
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They are shipping only to parts of EU. And EU is not the only common region affected, other major countries are left out as well.

No reviewer makes mention of this, they all say how cheap it is and how cheap shipping is. Why?

And while I'd be willing to pay four times that shipping amount, I cannot order it to my country where even random international companies are shipping their products with little effort. Even first-time Kickstarter are able to ship with no problems, but not a billion-dollar-company?

But sadly no. The only option for customers unlucky like me to play it this year is to pay some insane margins of third party sellers that this type of distribution always breeds. Watch out for Ebay later today and the whole of this year :/

Or not. And wait until sometime next year when they realize that shipping companies do not discriminate and we are actually in 2016 where you can ship anywhere in the world.

EDIT: Congratulations to all of you who are badmouthing my disappointment, I am happy you're able to order it! :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kostas K.
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I understand your frustration, but Riot Games' presence on this site and their approach to our hobby in general does not deserve this type of response. Even more so when they've stated that as long as there is demand for this game, they'll keep producing it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greysbull
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I really understand your frustration, but acting like an entitled kid (to not say something worse) makes me not feel sorry for you at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
NoFunAtAll
Belgium
Antwerp
flag msg tools
badge
John Coltrane: My Favorite Things // Jackie Mclean: Swing Swang Swingin' // Clifford Jordan: Cliff Craft // Sam Rivers: Fuchsia Swing Song
mbmbmbmbmb
marcusnc wrote:
I really understand your frustration, but acting like an entitled kid (to not say something worse) makes me not feel sorry for you at all.

This

Also I am very happy they DO ship to Belgium devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
WD Yoga
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
These days, all I can see from Riot is a good and courteous communication, and those are not PR talk. They really try to be helpful and engage with us here. So, if only you made your case known to them in a more less confrontational way, they might be able to help you.

Also, I do not see how reviewers should know about shipping and put that in their review. Review is about a game; distribution is not part of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Maisonneuve
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
marcusnc wrote:

This
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Fosdike
United Kingdom
Earlsfield
Greater London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I were you I'd be disgruntled too as Finland is very close to Estonia and is included. But politeness goes a long way!

Is there any way you could have it sent to a friend in Helsinki? Not ideal but better than nothing. Hopefully Estonia will be listed in December.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence Burnett
Wales
Cardiff
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What a great opening post. No courtesy, just entitlement.
If your looking for assistance i think an attitude recheck is in order.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cantrell
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey man, I get that you're frustrated. I'm really sorry that I'm not able to get MvM shipped to your region, yet. The hope is that we'll keep working on this and have a solution in the future.

I think there might be a delta between us regarding the perceived work needed to get the game shipped into a new country. I mean, it's pretty safe to say that the problem is slightly more complicated for us than just "realizing that shipping companies don't discriminate" or figuring out what the year is.

If I had a way to get the game into Estonia, I mean, I gladly would... I can't think of an extremely plausible reason why I wouldn't want that, you know? Is it possible that our estimates for the work needed to make that happen are pretty varied?

At the end of the day, it sounds like (at least originally) this was something you were looking forward to and that excitement has sorta pivoted into frustration / anger. I get that, Kristo. Hopefully we can find a solution soon and solve the tax constraints of us heading into the rest of Europe. I don't think you'll be the last player frustrated today, as Riot is a global company and our initial waves are only serving a fraction of our regions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Thomas
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow - you just realised this now?

We've been talking about this here for weeks there's entire threads dedicated to shipping!

Riot have been heavily engaged in all those conversation and I think have provided exemplary responses and been very open about this and the reasons why. Why not go read some of those before you ragequit.

I engaged in the shipping threads around the Canadian shipping and they halved it for everyone. Manners polite conversation on both sides helped that happen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Uh, no, the OP is completely right and calling them an entitled kid is against the TOS so stop.

There's no reason Riot can't ship anywhere in the world.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
noah caldwell
United States
galt
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm. From the op response I would of figured he was from California !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Arnone
United States
Parkville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Magic Pink wrote:
Uh, no, the OP is completely right and calling them an entitled kid is against the TOS so stop.

If there was NO reason, then why wouldn't they do it? So, logically then, there must be a reason.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United Kingdom
Fareham
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mb
Yeah, its not like Riot ran a poll to find out who had a bad experience in x places and decided not to ship there. If they're not doing it, theres a financial reason for doing it.

in this case, i'd guess its probably to do with managing demand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mb
Antagonistic, insulting, or otherwise disruptive comments ARE NOT welcome here.

Please use the icon when you see disruptive or antagonistic comments or any other violations of the Community Rules. This serves two purposes:

1- using the icon will bring that post to the attention of forum moderators so they can deal with it appropriately. We prefer that you not respond to the post directly. Responding invites the offender to continue, and if you respond aggressively you may end up dragging yourself down with the offender.

2- if enough users flag a post using the icon then that post will be hidden from general view, preventing others from being exposed to it.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Szymas
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Slashdoctor wrote:
No reviewer makes mention of this, they all say how cheap it is and how cheap shipping is. Why?

I'm sorry you can't order this, but I don't think I've ever heard of a reviewer mentioning which countries can/cannot purchase a game. It's just not within the purview of a review, because it's not static info.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt B
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Spagetti69 wrote:
What a great opening post. No courtesy, just entitlement.
If your looking for assistance i think an attitude recheck is in order.

I was reading this on my phone while eating lunch and my brain parsed this phrase as "attitude redneck". All I could think was that was the last thing we needed...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charley Heuertz
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Magic Pink wrote:

This.

I live in Luxembourg. You know, that small, very rich country surrounded by France, Germany and Belgium. Also, Luxembourg is part of the BeNeLUX; which in itself is somewhat of a smaller version of the EU. Those are all countries that are included in their bizarre, randomly selected list of countries they wish to ship to.

Well, Luxembourg isn't in there. Not only is Luxembourg basically the instigator of the ECSC (aka European Union nowadays), it has the probably biggest banking sector in the western world, has less taxes/distribution fees/delivery costs than its neighboring countries but it also has (proportionally to the number of citizen living in Luxemboug) one of if not the biggest League of Legends community in the EU.

So yeah, I'm personally also quite pissed. Fortunately, a friend of mine can ship the game to Trier (less than 20km from where I live); but it is still nonsensical and frankly somewhat outrageous that the creator of the arguably most played videogame (it's even coined the term "eSport", goddamnit) in the world is to cheap to implement an extensive list of countries to ship to in their merch website.

But hey, that's just me and I'm also a (32 year old) pissy entitled kid, mind you.

Cheers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Licata
United States
Bel Air
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it's fair to say that Riot Games knows more than anyone else here what it takes for THEM to ship to each area. It's not like they are leaving people in the dust, it's just taking them longer to figure out the logistics for some areas. Honestly they are covering a huge portion of the world and they are doing this themselves which cuts the costs down which allows them to give us such a great price on the games.

This isn't their main business this is a side project and as such they are probably limited in the amount of time and money they choose to spend getting shipping logistics worked out. It it takes longer for them to arrange certain areas then it takes longer, they have not yet as far as I know said they will never ship to x.

They have gone so far above and beyond what any other game manufacturer has thought of doing I think it's more than fair to cut them a little slack in this.

Feel free to be frustrated by this but try and not take that frustration out on Riot, they can only do so much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charley Heuertz
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
danlicata wrote:
I think it's fair to say that Riot Games knows more than anyone else here what it takes for THEM to ship to each area.

Actually... no?

My job is being technical helpdesk for the bookstore of the the Publications office (the publisher of the EU institutions - including its official journal); and I can pretty much give you a quite accurate estimate fr shipping in each EU country; including general taxes and handling fees.

I can assure you that it would cost less to ship to Luxembourg than for (as explained) any other neighboring country.

I can also confirm that Estonia, Slovakia and Slovenia are amongst the most expensive countries to ship to. But so is Hungary; and they are in the list...

My most educated guess is that Luxembourg was simply "forgotten" when creating the shop. I can't fathom why else it's not in there, there's really no other reason I can currently come up with.

Maybe I'm missing something; and I would be happy to be proven wrong. Really.

danlicata wrote:
They have gone so far above and beyond what any other game manufacturer has thought of doing (...)

I... wouldn't go that far. I mean, the merch shop seems to be available for, what, years now? Some friends of mine have been bickering about the fact they can't order since the shop went online. It's only now that this has become a major issue.

Anyways; the servers are down, so we'll see if even anyone's going to be able to order.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Licata
United States
Bel Air
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bregeduur wrote:
danlicata wrote:
I think it's fair to say that Riot Games knows more than anyone else here what it takes for THEM to ship to each area.

Actually... no?

My job is being technical helpdesk for the bookstore of the the Publications office (the publisher of the EU institutions - including its official journal); and I can pretty much give you a quite accurate estimate fr shipping in each EU country; including general taxes and handling fees.

I can assure you that it would cost less to ship to Luxembourg than for (as explained) any other neighboring country.

I can also confirm that Estonia, Slovakia and Slovenia are amongst the most expensive countries to ship to. But so is Hungary; and they are in the list...

My most educated guess is that Luxembourg was simply "forgotten" when creating the shop. I can't fathom why else it's not in there, there's really no other reason I can currently come up with.

Maybe I'm missing something; and I would be happy to be proven wrong. Really.

danlicata wrote:
They have gone so far above and beyond what any other game manufacturer has thought of doing (...)

I... wouldn't go that far. I mean, the merch shop seems to be available for, what, years now? Some friends of mine have been bickering about the fact they can't order since the shop went online. It's only now that this has become a major issue.

Anyways; the servers are down, so we'll see if even anyone's going to be able to order.

That's great that you have knowledge of the EU laws/taxes but how much do you know about Riot games and how they handle all this? Obviously something is stopping them from shipping to the places they aren't even if it's just the fact that they don't want to spend any more resources (time/money) to get to the few remaining areas.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristo Vaher
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here we go, stores are down, first batch out of stock and EBay items already showing up.

I guess I can order it for 299$ now and they would ship it to me.

Not worth it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.