Subject: English version at Essen? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Yani
Switzerland
Zürich
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tried to get the English version at Essen and I was told by Asmodee they do not know if they will have it. The French version was there. Did anybody have better luck?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Schwieger
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I purchased the English version at one of the big Asmodee stands. It was on the bottom left of a bookcase displaying other games near the two cash registers. Sorry I can't be more specific. It's easy to get turned around in there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Larouche
Canada
Longueuil
Quebec
flag msg tools
Melting souls with cuteness since 2007
badge
Lovin' N-16
mbmbmbmbmb
coralsaw wrote:
Tried to get the English version at Essen and I was told by Asmodee they do not know if they will have it. The French version was there. Did anybody have better luck?

Thanks

Hurray! means i'll get my french version soon!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kat Shoolman
Australia
Docklands
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
coralsaw wrote:

Thanks

Is the game language independent though? I accidentally bought the wrong one thinking it was English (not that it's that much of an issue as I am learning French)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maximiliano Sanchez de Bustamante
Argentina
Olivos
Buenos Aires
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kat5e wrote:
coralsaw wrote:

Thanks

Is the game language independent though? I accidentally bought the wrong one thinking it was English (not that it's that much of an issue as I am learning French)

It seems most of the game is language independent, but there are some cards in one expansion with text. See:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis de Vries
Netherlands
Deventer
flag msg tools
Ah, doctor, that aneasthetic is perfect!
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought my English version at the Asmodee shop in hall 1 (both Nautilion versions were there). I didn't see the game at the Asmodee shop in hall 3.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yani
Switzerland
Zürich
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Many thanks guys!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maximiliano Sanchez de Bustamante
Argentina
Olivos
Buenos Aires
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
flashshadow69 wrote:
kat5e wrote:
coralsaw wrote:

Thanks

It seems most of the game is language independent, but there are some cards in one expansion with text. See:

Kat:
The english rulebook is available now here. As far I can see expansion #4 and #5 use cards with text, but they are all explained in the rulebook. Enjoy the game! meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Menghini wrote:
I bought my English version at the Asmodee shop in hall 1 (both Nautilion versions were there). I didn't see the game at the Asmodee shop in hall 3.

I had the same problem, I couldn't find the English versions of Nautilion or the expansion for Pandemic: The Cure in Hall 3, but they had both in hall 1.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt Van Genechten
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought my English version in the hall 3 Shop. It was rather hidden in a small corner at the bottom, at the back of the cabinet...

At that point I remembered, that last year there was a much bigger buz around Castelion from Z-man, there were some demo stands set up, the game was clearly put in a place where everybody could see it, Onirim and Sylvion where available...

This year I had to dig somewhere deep in a black corner far away with no signs of the older Oniverse games...
I just hope Asmodee doesn`t put this series somewhere on the back of their list :/ These gems clearly diserve more love and attention

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Hill
United Kingdom
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes! It was a real shame to have it so hard to find. The zman booth was an asmodee demo booth. The zman games have all been tucked away in the asmodee shops. It looked like Shadi was on bgg yesterday, but nowhere to say hello this yer

Zman's preview email included Carcassonne:amazonas - not available.
Nautilion - hidden
Feast for Odin - sold by other retailers
Pandemic games - some coverage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Hill
United Kingdom
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Went back today and the French version had replaced the English version. Here's a photo of Zman's presence at Essen
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.