$20.00
$5.00
$15.00
$30.00
Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Conan» Forums » Variants

Subject: 5 player + 1 game master? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Doug Nordwall
msg tools
Anyone custom done up a few of these? I a 6 person table more often than not, and I'd like some options for all of them to play
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ze Masqued Cucumber
France
flag msg tools
Protze et Chniaque !
badge
C'est le Gomazio à crête mordorée, dont le cri annonce le soir...
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe you can use an extra hero in 5-p scenarios and buff the OL troops (add troops and/or spells).
Impact: Game will take a bit longer, board will be a bit cluttered. And there will be some balancing to do.
I did this several times with DooM (played 5-p while the game is 4-p maxi), it went fine. But I already had a good handle on the game so I could balance the forces well enough at 1st shot.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Douven
Germany
Schalksmühle
Unspecified
flag msg tools
I had the same question since my first game will also most probably a six player game.

In order not to have too many units on the board I was thinking of giving the overload more gems and a better recovery rate.

Making the overlords squads bigger was something I was thinking of as a last resort. If it fits to the scenario one could also replace the squads with more difficult ones.

Giving the bosses more HP might work as an addition.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Nordwall
msg tools
yea, there is a chart in another thread to help you use alternatives. I imagine that one could probably replace a lower power unit with a high power one and avoid the board clutter.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
raleel wrote:
Anyone custom done up a few of these? I a 6 person table more often than not, and I'd like some options for all of them to play


Rather than add a 6th player, simply hold an auction for the first 5 slots, so that the 5 "most willing" players get to play. That way you can potentially recover some of the cost of the game.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JoeViterbo wrote:
Making the overlords squads bigger was something I was thinking of as a last resort.


Remember that if a space is literally full, it blocks movement, so increasing squad size might not be feasible (depends on the scenario, of course). See Occupied Areas, Player Book pg 12 (noting that page 12 is not numbered: it's the page facing/to the left of page 13).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sgbeal wrote:
JoeViterbo wrote:
Making the overlords squads bigger was something I was thinking of as a last resort.


Remember that if a space is literally full, it blocks movement, so increasing squad size might not be feasible (depends on the scenario, of course). See Occupied Areas, Player Book pg 12 (noting that page 12 is not numbered: it's the page facing/to the left of page 13).


Another option is to reduce the Endurance of each character. (Warhammer Quest card game does this: more PCs means less HP per PC.)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Nordwall
msg tools
sgbeal wrote:
raleel wrote:
Anyone custom done up a few of these? I a 6 person table more often than not, and I'd like some options for all of them to play


Rather than add a 6th player, simply hold an auction for the first 5 slots, so that the 5 "most willing" players get to play. That way you can potentially recover some of the cost of the game.



hah! i know which player would drop too
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.