3 Posts

Squad Leader» Forums » Rules

Subject: SQLA Tournament Conventions Revised rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott B
msg tools
mb
The Squad Leader Academy Tournament Conventions were revised for better conformity with Squad Leader and Cross of Iron rules. A new Errata section corrects typos and omissions in the Rulebooks and QRDCs. This current version is used for the Ladder and any new SQLA tournaments, players may wish to familiarize themselves with the revisions. A change document is included but differences may exist between it and the final version.

a few of the more significant changes include:
* Only wrecks provide hull down status, function vehicle no longer do.
* Indirect fire vs a hidden/concealed unit is halved as Area Fire.
* A spotter must have LOS to a non-hidden/concealed in the blast area or it is halved for Area Fire.
* 48.2 has been modified and the Example is expanded for hitting the gun.
* Unqualified units using captured special support weapons and ordnance are subject to normal penalties, they are not doubled.

If you find more errata, please let me know. We corrected fifteen but i'm sure there is more.

Thanks,

Scott
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Shanks
Canada
Unspecified
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Please accept my thanks as a player, Scott, for this very useful reference document. This plus the comprehensive Q&A index is a must-have in my rules binder and covers an incredible range of potential questions and situations.

I've PDF'd the contents of the rules convention web page (with enlarged text for increased readability); with your permission I might try to post it in the files section here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott B
msg tools
mb
Thanks Jamie,

Please feel free to post them. I think they would provide reasonable guidance for players, they grew from WBC tournament disagreements over the years. If you arguing over a rule, they might help resolve it.

Scott
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.