Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave Schmidt
Canada
Strasbourg
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey everyone,

Are there any games that are semi similar to the survivor TV show? I am specifically looking for the whole "voting off the island" and competitions that give benefits to one person or team (being immune to being voted out or having a say in who is up to be voted out).

I know there is a board game for the show: Survivor: The Game

And it seems like it may be 'okay' but are there any other options out there?

-Dave

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Schmidt
Canada
Strasbourg
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, I'd prefer if those voted out aren't out of the game (which occurs in the original game)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Riley Doyle
United States
Londonderry
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
Dice Hate Me did a card game called The Fittest that was a survivor thing. I haven't played it so no clue if it's what you are looking for or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Gillespie
Canada
Strathmore
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lifeboat comes to mind. It is literally a group of starving people on the lifeboat, trying to be the last one surviving and with the most loot. Each character also has a secret love and a secret enemy, so you can get into the drama of the reality shows.

Ultimate Werewolf or any of its variants also has round after round of players being eliminated through voting until one team is eliminated. If you are on the villagers team, you want to eliminate all of the secret werewolves, and if you are on the werewolves' team, you want to eliminate all of the villagers without arousing suspicion. There are multiple secret roles with special abilities.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Weed
United States
Clemmons
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mall of Horror sounds like what you want. Instead of getting voted off the island you get pushed out to the zombies though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Campau
United States
Mt Holly
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dead Last
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan B.
United States
Shelby Township
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lifeboats (not Lifeboat for me)comes to mind first. Voting off the boat, secret idols(cards) to prevent you from getting kicked off the boat, competitive and cutthroat, negotiation, backstabbing, and theme are all related to Survivor.

My parents love Survivor and they said the game has a similar feel.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Schmidt
Canada
Strasbourg
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I forgot about Lifeboat(s) those are perfect!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael R

Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a big Survivor fan and Dead Last provides a lot of the same dynamics as that show. You can form alliances, make deals, and backstab. It plays up to 12 so you're almost at the 16-20 range of the show.
People who get voted out do have to sit for a few minutes, but rounds go by quick.
Solid party game that gives you a Survivor flavor!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.