Popular Tags: [View All]
Gunky Gamer
United States
Gardiner
New York
flag msg tools
Four more years! #Cespedes #LGM
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll preface this by saying that "I AM IN" and plan to hop on this train and click the buy button.

That said, I'm trying to sift out the main negatives about this title from those who have seen it, played it, watched the videos, etc. I mean it's awesome that everyone is so very positive. I just want to be sure I've not overlooked something. Joel Eddy mentioned a few wonky rules things that need to be FAQ'd. That really doesn't bother me, as long as the FAQ is forthcoming. The Riot team seems pretty proactive, so I'm not worried about that happening. I have not had time to get through the rulebook

So setting aside personal preferences regarding theme, mechanics, price, shipping, aethetics, whatever, are there any particular issues people have noticed with the actual gameplay that give you pause??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Steggles
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nothing.

Edit: really.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty Connell
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you don't like the genre of game (coop, programming, etc) or feel that once all the missions are done that there will be no replayibility, then I'm not sure there are any glaring negatives.

I have taught this game to 10 people. All liked it and most want a copy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frederick Ernst
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The FAQ is up at http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/featured/mechs-vs-minions#f...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Licata
United States
Bel Air
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a misprint on one of the cards, I can't remember which one or what it was but it was fairly minor if IRC.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You might find the box too heavy to lift if you're not in good shape.

Other than that, there is one card where a value on the back is different than the front. The front value (7) is correct, but the game will still work fine either way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cantrell
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The box doesn't easily fit on an average boardgame shelf. Co-op games aren't for everyone. Lots of pieces to move around. It takes some time to put away the pieces?

And I've heard the PO is kind of a numb-nuts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty Connell
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Riot Kades wrote:

And I've heard the PO is kind of a numb-nuts.

I've heard that too, but from experience, I can tell you that's not true
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The hype machine is going so strongly right now, when you finally get the box, open it, and see what's inside, and then play a game of it, it will only mildly blow away your expectations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott G
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
You may get sucked into the world of miniatures.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gunky Gamer
United States
Gardiner
New York
flag msg tools
Four more years! #Cespedes #LGM
mbmbmbmbmb
Ahh...found another negative. The frustrating inability to actually purchase it. Oh well.

Completely offset by the excitement of completing my order!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Thimbleby
United Kingdom
Oxford
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Felkor wrote:
You might find the box too heavy to lift if you're not in good shape.

Other than that, there is one card where a value on the back is different than the front. The front value (7) is correct, but the game will still work fine either way.

Do we know the name of this card? — figure it might be useful. I checked the FAQ, but it doesn't mention it. Also the FAQ doesn't seem to clarify Towing as much as I was expecting based on reviews mentioning multiple ways of interpreting the rules... Is this the full FAQ we're getting?

— Thanks.

Edit: I see the error is going to be corrected in future printings, if this wasn't generally such a high quality production I wouldn't ask this, but is it likely that we could buy replacement cards for that error/any other error that is later found?

I'm not too worried about rule/explanation changes, so long as I can get the right information online, but I'd pay to correct component piece errors to bring it up to the standard of the rest of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas -
Denmark
Aalborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
RamMegiddo wrote:
I'd pay to correct component piece errors to bring it up to the standard of the rest of the game.

This.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.