Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
JOE LIBRANDI
United States
Peoria
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules say "They Devastate wherever they can that will force removal of a Legion or of at least as many Roman plus Aedui pieces combined as it will Arverni pieces from the region".

Does this mean that both Roman and Aedui pieces must be in the region before Arverni can use the special activity? The wording is unclear.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex P
France
La Plaine St-Denis
Ile-de-France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's clear: Roman plus Aedui can equal 1, i.e. one of them can be zero.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JOE LIBRANDI
United States
Peoria
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not clear to me. I still don't know what this means.blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
joe6778 wrote:
It's not clear to me. I still don't know what this means.blush
Slight rephrasing: You need to remove as many or more "enemy" pieces as Arverni pieces. In this case German and Belgae are not "enemy" pieces though!
So, if you remove two Arverni pieces and two Roman pieces then you remove as many "enemy" pieces as Arverni pieces. Same if you remove two Aedui pieces. Ditto for one Roman and one Aedui. In all these cases the Arverni bot will devastate the region.
But one Roman and one Belgae do not count as two "enemy" pieces.

Or in a mathematical expression: If the Arverni would remove X pieces in a region, then to devastate there Y+Z >= X where Y and Z are Aedui and Roman pieces.
In this case Z or Y can be zero as long as the equation is still satisfied (which is what Alex was getting at)

Note that even both Z and Y can be zero as long as X is zero. I.e. the Arverni bot will devastate a region where no pieces are removed as long as it doesn't lose any pieces there itself.
At least that's how I interpret the instructions.

EDIT: And to pointblank answer the original question: No, they do not need to be both in the region.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JOE LIBRANDI
United States
Peoria
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The last line in your response was the answer I was looking for.

I know how Devastate works, I just didn't know if BOTH Romans and Aedui needed to be in the same region.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.