$5.00
$15.00
$20.00
Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
25 Posts

Mechs vs. Minions» Forums » General

Subject: I cant acccess cart, or check out (I knew this would happen... :/ ) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Qumad Al-Riyf
Norway
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The game is added to my cart, but the price is wrong (100, it should be 75+10) and I cant acccess cart, or check out
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Mealer
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
Same boat I see it but it won't go to check out...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Kenna
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in the same boat...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Courtney Gebhart
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mb
At least you make it to the cart I can add a copy but when I click checkout it crashes been trying for 30 minutes!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Mccabe
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
interesting. surprised there isn't anyone else posting with similar issues...
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Curry
msg tools
mb
Same as the rest of us. We'll, my price showed up as u5 on purchase page and I haven't seen the cart price but I expect it to be the same. Just can't open cart. Hoping against the odds that it'll still be in Stock when the servers calm down. No work til then
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bård Holst
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can't access cart, Gateway timed out error
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Burton

Michigan
msg tools
Stuck with item in cart as well. Cannot get to checkout page.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lord Malachi
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
sirstevie3 wrote:
interesting. surprised there isn't anyone else posting with similar issues...

Actually there are already several threads about issues with this. This is ridiculous!!!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony B
United States
West Hartford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sirstevie3 wrote:
interesting. surprised there isn't anyone else posting with similar issues...


There's plenty having the same issue - it's just that a new thread starts every couple minutes and posts are scattered.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Henderson

Tampa
Florida
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And it's sold out.

Edit: Looks like I misread; there's text that says "If this wave is out of stock" and I didn't catch the "If." Still trying to check out.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roman Helms
msg tools
Same here.
I got close: "checkout?", the asked.
"YES!" I said, "that would be great."
Then...well...maybe it was rhetorical.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence Burnett
Wales
Cardiff
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeremy_LH wrote:
And it's sold out.


Odd I just got one. I had to persevere though, kept timing out.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn Dudley
United States
Westbrook
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Same here. It's been in my cart since about 2:07 but attempts to checkout fail due to server not responding. I think I'll wait until the rush passes before trying again. If I miss it, well, I've got too many games as it is.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Bond
United States
Gulfport
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got mine approved. Had to back door through to the checkout with Google searches. But finally got through. Trying through the cart itself didn't work for me.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zen
Japan
Kyoto
flag msg tools
youtube.com/neatozen
badge
follow me on twitter: @zenxacred
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeremy_LH wrote:
And it's sold out.


I already got one. but I can still Add it to cart if I go back to the store.

Keep trying?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Shields
United States
phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep. 40 minutes of waiting for my cart to load and it's sold out. Great use of my time.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kaae
United States
Los Alamitos
California
flag msg tools
mb
...so damn STUPID! Why not just make enough games, rather than piss off your customer base this way?

Really hate companies that are so unprepared in so many ways.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angel Diaz
France
Bourg la reine
Ile-de-France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Game purchased! Everything OK in the french website.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bård Holst
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I only managed to get to my cart by keeping the polish language....and after some google translate it's' out of stock
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bård Holst
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nusferatu wrote:
I only managed to get to my cart by keeping the polish language....and after some google translate it's' out of stock


I tried again with going as a guest instead og logging in and then it actually worked even though just 5 min ago it said it was sold out.
So I have received a confirmation from PayPal that the transaction went through but I'm not 100% confident it's all good
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bård Holst
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nusferatu wrote:
Nusferatu wrote:
I only managed to get to my cart by keeping the polish language....and after some google translate it's' out of stock


I tried again with going as a guest instead og logging in and then it actually worked even though just 5 min ago it said it was sold out.
So I have received a confirmation from PayPal that the transaction went through but I'm not 100% confident it's all good


Wow, it actually worked, got a order confirmation from Riot games. What solved it for was not logging into my account as that apparently wasn't supported by the store or something
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Qumad Al-Riyf
Norway
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Following the link from the announced "front page" I was first sent to a store with Polish language. Was stressed out so took me a while to understand what was going on.
Thankfully I had been reading up and trying to be prepared I was fearing some havoc on release I had found a "euw" store (my account is EU West), but even there the pictures was not being displayed and it took som time before I understood where to press to select the game.
I added the game, and it fills me it was successful but it displayed the value as 100 (and just for the record, at no point in all this was I ever in the cart itself, so I could not see why,so I did not want to hit purchase at once until I could see what the issue was and fix it) so I tried to go to the Cart, no luck, and again, no luck. When trying to refresh things went bad so I had to start at the store front. Only this time, when I tried to add the game to my cart, I was told that I already had reached my limit.
But now I was not shown the total amount, not the button to the Cart (tho this I found under the menu after some time, but this link did not work ether) or the Checkout button.
Suddenly I got through and after some minutes that felt like years, finished the Checkout and received my order confirmation.

So it all ended good for me, I see several threads here about it being sold out, but also several post regarding it not being sold out it you try to buy with our logging in our something, so I don't know of some ppl that was here at the right time and should have been able to get the game missed out on it or what, but it's still not good.

They should have been prepared, the hype was amazing in the board gaming community, Riot made sure of this themselves.

Some issues with their store was reported to them over a week ago. Especially like "errors of our (none NA) accounts having issues on the page and so on.

I and several others brought up that we hope they where ready for this.
We usually got smug answers from other users claiming that these guys run a online company "as their day job" of cause they are ready and know what they are using.
Others are saying now after it's over that they should be given some slack as they are new to this, and could not know how many would be "at the door" when the sale started.
But in my opinion they ought to have been prepared for this, due to the hype mentioned above (they helped create it), the fact that so many threads have been made here where people have worded their concerns over bit being able to get their hands on the game due to them not being able to be on the computer at the start of the sale.

So even tho I managed to get my hands on a copy and I'm very happy with that, I'm still a bit disappointed over the ordeal.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cantrell
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Qumad wrote:
Following the link from the announced "front page" I was first sent to a store with Polish language. Was stressed out so took me a while to understand what was going on.
Thankfully I had been reading up and trying to be prepared I was fearing some havoc on release I had found a "euw" store (my account is EU West), but even there the pictures was not being displayed and it took som time before I understood where to press to select the game.
I added the game, and it fills me it was successful but it displayed the value as 100 (and just for the record, at no point in all this was I ever in the cart itself, so I could not see why,so I did not want to hit purchase at once until I could see what the issue was and fix it) so I tried to go to the Cart, no luck, and again, no luck. When trying to refresh things went bad so I had to start at the store front. Only this time, when I tried to add the game to my cart, I was told that I already had reached my limit.
But now I was not shown the total amount, not the button to the Cart (tho this I found under the menu after some time, but this link did not work ether) or the Checkout button.
Suddenly I got through and after some minutes that felt like years, finished the Checkout and received my order confirmation.

So it all ended good for me, I see several threads here about it being sold out, but also several post regarding it not being sold out it you try to buy with our logging in our something, so I don't know of some ppl that was here at the right time and should have been able to get the game missed out on it or what, but it's still not good.

They should have been prepared, the hype was amazing in the board gaming community, Riot made sure of this themselves.

Some issues with their store was reported to them over a week ago. Especially like "errors of our (none NA) accounts having issues on the page and so on.

I and several others brought up that we hope they where ready for this.
We usually got smug answers from other users claiming that these guys run a online company "as their day job" of cause they are ready and know what they are using.
Others are saying now after it's over that they should be given some slack as they are new to this, and could not know how many would be "at the door" when the sale started.
But in my opinion they ought to have been prepared for this, due to the hype mentioned above (they helped create it), the fact that so many threads have been made here where people have worded their concerns over bit being able to get their hands on the game due to them not being able to be on the computer at the start of the sale.

So even tho I managed to get my hands on a copy and I'm very happy with that, I'm still a bit disappointed over the ordeal.


Yeah, I'm disappointed over the ordeal, too. Today wasn't a great day and I'm sorry you went through that pain. I hope you end up liking the end product, though I doubt any game is worth the headache you're describing.

Two quick things:

You say multiple times that we helped create the 'hype'. I don't think you're the only person who feels that way, but I'd love to better understand where that sentiment is coming from. We provided copies to reviewers - though that's pretty standard - but beyond that, where do you feel like we went wrong? For me, hype is when you sell someone on the sizzle instead of the steak. You tease them along for a long period of time and drop tiny morsels of information to get them excited. We actually aimed for the opposite approach where players could just get as much context as possible about the game to know if it was right for them. I'm not saying the game didn't get hyped up, as our failures today definitely speak to, but I'm curious as to how you think we hyped it up?

And second, I remember you bringing up the concerns around the store. I don't recall ever giving you a 'smug answer' and if that's ever how it came across, I truly apologize, man. I've been paranoid about how today went for weeks and weeks. We've had teams dedicated to shoring up the store for quite some time - putting in some long hours. And while I can't deny that today was a black eye, it definitely could have gone much worse. The store was effectively not working for many people, but it never fell over and stopped processing orders. To be clear, we definitely ate a big heaping of humble pie today, but it's not because it blindsided us. And if you ever felt like your concerns weren't being heard, I just... well, that seems pretty far from the truth.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Lopuszanski
United States
North Wales
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
So hear me roar! RAWR!
badge
Her Serenity, The Lady of Pain.
mbmbmbmbmb
Riot Kades wrote:
Qumad wrote:
Following the link from the announced "front page" I was first sent to a store with Polish language. Was stressed out so took me a while to understand what was going on.
Thankfully I had been reading up and trying to be prepared I was fearing some havoc on release I had found a "euw" store (my account is EU West), but even there the pictures was not being displayed and it took som time before I understood where to press to select the game.
I added the game, and it fills me it was successful but it displayed the value as 100 (and just for the record, at no point in all this was I ever in the cart itself, so I could not see why,so I did not want to hit purchase at once until I could see what the issue was and fix it) so I tried to go to the Cart, no luck, and again, no luck. When trying to refresh things went bad so I had to start at the store front. Only this time, when I tried to add the game to my cart, I was told that I already had reached my limit.
But now I was not shown the total amount, not the button to the Cart (tho this I found under the menu after some time, but this link did not work ether) or the Checkout button.
Suddenly I got through and after some minutes that felt like years, finished the Checkout and received my order confirmation.

So it all ended good for me, I see several threads here about it being sold out, but also several post regarding it not being sold out it you try to buy with our logging in our something, so I don't know of some ppl that was here at the right time and should have been able to get the game missed out on it or what, but it's still not good.

They should have been prepared, the hype was amazing in the board gaming community, Riot made sure of this themselves.

Some issues with their store was reported to them over a week ago. Especially like "errors of our (none NA) accounts having issues on the page and so on.

I and several others brought up that we hope they where ready for this.
We usually got smug answers from other users claiming that these guys run a online company "as their day job" of cause they are ready and know what they are using.
Others are saying now after it's over that they should be given some slack as they are new to this, and could not know how many would be "at the door" when the sale started.
But in my opinion they ought to have been prepared for this, due to the hype mentioned above (they helped create it), the fact that so many threads have been made here where people have worded their concerns over bit being able to get their hands on the game due to them not being able to be on the computer at the start of the sale.

So even tho I managed to get my hands on a copy and I'm very happy with that, I'm still a bit disappointed over the ordeal.


Yeah, I'm disappointed over the ordeal, too. Today wasn't a great day and I'm sorry you went through that pain. I hope you end up liking the end product, though I doubt any game is worth the headache you're describing.

Two quick things:

You say multiple times that we helped create the 'hype'. I don't think you're the only person who feels that way, but I'd love to better understand where that sentiment is coming from. We provided copies to reviewers - though that's pretty standard - but beyond that, where do you feel like we went wrong? For me, hype is when you sell someone on the sizzle instead of the steak. You tease them along for a long period of time and drop tiny morsels of information to get them excited. We actually aimed for the opposite approach where players could just get as much context as possible about the game to know if it was right for them. I'm not saying the game didn't get hyped up, as our failures today definitely speak to, but I'm curious as to how you think we hyped it up?

And second, I remember you bringing up the concerns around the store. I don't recall ever giving you a 'smug answer' and if that's ever how it came across, I truly apologize, man. I've been paranoid about how today went for weeks and weeks. We've had teams dedicated to shoring up the store for quite some time - putting in some long hours. And while I can't deny that today was a black eye, it definitely could have gone much worse. The store was effectively not working for many people, but it never fell over and stopped processing orders. To be clear, we definitely ate a big heaping of humble pie today, but it's not because it blindsided us. And if you ever felt like your concerns weren't being heard, I just... well, that seems pretty far from the truth.


The "hype" mainly came from the reviewers who praised the game a ton and told everyone about the amazing components for the relatively low price point. I don't think Riot Games or its employees are guilty of building the "hype" ... I mean, except for having an amazing landing page with all the info, a "radioplay," a well made video, and more.

But I'm unsure what the alternative would have been or how you'd fix that in the future... besides making it so the servers held up.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.