Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jaysh Lately
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Donald/Jay,

I read that none of the other expansions will have cards replaced but has there been any discussion about turning the small expansions into large ones? Seems like a great opportunity to increase the density of potion cards, primarily. But further expanding the dynamics of Cornucopia and Guilds, and/or introducing new elements would be a great way to expand the universe over the next year or two while each of the second editions are released, assuming there won't be a new expansion during the time as well. I know these things are decided on long before we fans catch wind of what's coming next, but had the thought last night and wanted to reach out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Compulsive Completist
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Last I heard Guilds and Cornucopia were only going to be sold together (making a large expansion) from here on out. DX has vetoed expanding or adding to Alchemy too many times to count.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Whaley
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
Darius I – 73rd Great Khan of the Illustrius Barbarian Horde, Duque San Lorenzo, Marquis de Feltón, Chief of the Zayante, Baron von Whaleyland, Lord Kennedy
badge
Arrgh!
mbmbmbmbmb
As Hockey Mask just stated, Guilds & Cornucopia already are sold together as a single box set and have been since 2014, IIRC. BGG has a separate entry for it here: Dominion: Guilds & Cornucopia.

Regarding a discussion (one of many over the years) of converting Alchemy into a large-scale expansion, see also a poll I recently put up on the topic. Feel free to vote and have your say. It is very unlikely, but there is always the off chance that Donald will see hope in the results. Currently almost 2/3 of the voters are in favour of a larger box expansion of Alchemy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schumann
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, if BGG is any reflection of the gaming audience at large, Alchemy is one of the most-purchased expansions, so an Update Pack would have a big audience.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald X.
United States
flag msg tools
designer
stdmfn29 wrote:
I read that none of the other expansions will have cards replaced but has there been any discussion about turning the small expansions into large ones?

It is an obvious enough idea that I considered it, but don't be misled by that word "considered," I never thought it had much of a chance.

Any project happens instead of other projects. Which would be better, a new expansion that revisits coin tokens, or more Guilds? I like the new expansion better. And Guilds is the best case; Cornucopia's theme is vaguer, and I have posted at length about how it does not make sense to revisit Alchemy.

As has been noted, Cornucopia & Guilds have been combined in English, making them a large set, solving the "hey some sets are smaller" problem for those sets.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.